Talk

Advanced search

Indecision killing me - Tresanton, Driftwood - or something else?

(6 Posts)
ellenrose Tue 07-Jun-11 18:12:36

My DH is 40 this year and I want to book a special weekend away. Children need to come too so it needs to be family friendly, particularly room wise as there are 5 of us, but as we'll be eating there, food and venue need to be pretty special.

Love the idea of Cornwall so have spent many hours looking at Tresanton and Driftwood, and now also Endsleigh because of the reviews.

DH made a comment some time ago that he would like to be able to see the stars so somewhere with little light polution would be marvellous and fingers crossed for some decent weather!

We are in Somerset so need somewhere we can sensibly drive to on the Friday evening so I think that rules out anything too far north? Considering Wales, Devon etc. - everything really!

Recommendations / experience of any would be great as the websites look fab, the reviews sound great but I am in danger of making no booking at all and at this rate and he'll be 41!

carocaro Tue 07-Jun-11 18:59:55

Tresanton is lovely, so nice and friendly and you can hire a boat with a captain! I have been for lunch, never stayed, lots of kids there. It was delish out on the terrace!

Went to a stunning wedding at Endsleigh, little more formal and grown up iykwim and tucked away so would have to drive a bit to get to the beach etc
but stunning views of the valley and the place is amazing.

Either would be brilliant!

ellenrose Wed 08-Jun-11 10:19:20

Thank you carocaro. Tresanton unfortunately have just said they are fully booked but Endsleigh is free so that might make the decision for me smile.
Driftwood also good as a bit closer to a beach so it might now come to location, location . . .

bluesky Fri 17-Jun-11 11:39:56

if not too late ellenrose, try Rosevine in Cornwall, close to St Mawes, it's lovely, you can walk 2mins down the lane to a lovely beach, great food, lovely garden with play things for the children. www.rosevine.co.uk

ellenrose Mon 04-Jul-11 17:57:05

Thanks bluesky - just emailed them smile

givemeaclue Tue 12-Jul-11 14:10:17

Have stayed at Driftwood a couple of times it is lovely and in a nicer location than Tresanton (in my opinion), near plenty of nice beaches

they welcome children and they have some books/dvds etc but they don't have play areas/kids clubs, its just a nice hotel with great food,lovely atmosphere in a beatiful part of the world - its chilled out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now