Talk

Advanced search

GREAT YARMOUTH RECOMMENDSATIONS

(10 Posts)
mrsmerryberry Sun 05-Jun-11 22:46:48

I've got the opportunity to go to great yarmouth for a long weekend soon and I need some recommendations on wheres good to stay.

I am open to suggestions be it a B&B, hotel or other, although it must be clean, modern, parking, have it's own bathroom and accept noisy children.

If you have been, where would you recommend to stay. If you have had a bad experience and would not receommend a place can you also share this with me.
Many thanks

KatyMac Mon 06-Jun-11 22:56:39

Do you want Yarmouth itself or would you prefer something out of yarmouth?

The Broads (10 miles from Yarmouth) are fab

I can't recommend anything in Yarmouth; I never stayed there

CestTout Mon 06-Jun-11 23:01:31

If you are happy not to stay in Great Yarmouth I have head great reviews about this place

mrsmerryberry Wed 08-Jun-11 14:48:29

KatyMac, I wanted to be near the beach and have a seaside experience this time round. I have heard of the Norfolk Broads and understand it is very nice.

CestTrout, I've just had a look at the Cherry Tree Park and it is lovelly!. I've never stayed in a caravan before, they all seem to be very nicely kitted out with everything and the reviews are very encouraging.

I can't make out how close to the beach it is, can you walk to the beach and how long would this take?

Apart from the onsite resturant, are there other places were you can eat in the evening or are they too far?

Are there anyother tips you can give me before I book the caravan, like where on the site not to have your caravan etc?

KatyMac Wed 08-Jun-11 14:50:47

Sea Palling is very close to the beach and a really nice seaside holiday

Have you been to GY before or somewhere like Blackpool? It's quite commercial

I don't know about Cherry tree - but I think it's a fair way from the sea

CestTout Wed 08-Jun-11 22:39:23

I haven't actually stayed there... there are some caravan parks in Yarmouth will google tomorrow and let you know!

ibbydibby Wed 08-Jun-11 23:19:21

Cherry Tree Park is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng walk from the beach. (Speaking as someone who used to live a mile or 2 from there). Sorry no recommendations, and not sure where the caravan parks are that CestTout mentions (north of Gt Yarmouth?)

KatyMac Thu 09-Jun-11 07:12:32

That's what I thought ibbydibby

Caister/california/scratby & Hemsby all have caravan parks but they are well out of Yarmouth

There is one fairly close to the station; but I was trying to get a feel for what sort of holiday mrsmerryberry wanted as GY isn't to everyone's taste

jezebelle Thu 09-Jun-11 07:29:59

If you want actually in Yarmouth, easy access to beach and attractions you want Seashore Haven, its nice and has ply areas, pool etc smile

mrsmerryberry Sun 12-Jun-11 15:48:44

Thanks everyone, after with speaking with hubby he wants to stay on the seafront, so I've found a good hotel now.

I know GY is not glamourous in anyway, but my lo would love it. We also just want to have a break, where we can just let our hair down and not have to fuss about things if we were going abroad or to an upmarket place.

A low key cheap and cheerfull break is in order this time round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now