Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed for our FeatherDown Farm holiday!

(9 Posts)
SpeedyGonzalez Wed 01-Jun-11 00:12:12

We're going to a FeatherDown Farm later this year and just need to check - is it best to pack some food? I'm assuming that you have to pay for whatever you take from the farm larder.

TIA

AnyFuleKno Wed 01-Jun-11 00:54:12

I would take store cupboard things, salt, pepper, oil, rice, herbs etc, and get your fresh stuff there. You won't be short of eggs!

Breakfast cereal, tea and coffee too.

AnyFuleKno Wed 01-Jun-11 00:56:16

Btw yes you pay for farm larder stuff but it's not as overpriced as I feared. The one we went to was v well stocked, even had booze, thank goodness

SpeedyGonzalez Wed 01-Jun-11 13:12:24

Booze! Thank heavens. grin

AnyFuleKno Thu 02-Jun-11 16:37:00

you'll need something to amuse you after it gets dark, right? grin

IloveDMs Fri 03-Jun-11 21:32:01

I would take the basics and fruit and veg. And definitely booze! But we bought our meat there and it was lovely! Have a great time.

SpeedyGonzalez Sat 04-Jun-11 00:44:02

Thank you! <<excited>>

5Foot5 Mon 06-Jun-11 20:19:27

You may be surprised how long it takes to cook on a wood-burnng stove - we were! Mind you if the weather is nice you will probably be able to barbeque.

The one we went to also had a large communal oven that was lit several times a week and that was great for jacket potatoes and also just to get chatting to other people while you wait.

Have a lovely time.

SpeedyGonzalez Mon 06-Jun-11 20:24:53

Thanks, 5, I didn't know that. Good tip, especially as we'll have hungry kids to feed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: