Talk

Advanced search

Cheap self catering in northern England - help please

(5 Posts)
shirleycat1 Tue 31-May-11 13:04:55

I need to go away for a couple of days while dp does some painting and decorating. It'll be me and my friend and my ds who is 2. We'd probably lke to go to the east coast, but can be flexible if the price was good.

I want something cheap, preferably by the seaside. A caravan or something would be good, but so far all I've seen has been quite expensive for Friday-Monday.

Camping is out.

Any ideas please...

mummymeister Tue 31-May-11 17:38:32

Weekend breaks tend to be as much as a full week. can you do a midweek break instead as it might be cheaper? Going over a weekend means for self catering you are in effect eating into 2 weeks if they swop over on a Saturday this is why it is so expensive. Best bet is to look at the last minute sites like lastminute-cottages.com we have used them before and found them to be really good. Is b and b no good. i stayed in some brilliant ones when my kids were v small. Went to the ones with only one or two rooms and found they spoilt us rotten. hope these ideas help.

follyfoot Tue 31-May-11 17:46:42

Whitby? Some reasonably priced cottages you can rent for short breaks, also loads of reasonably priced B & Bs.

cer100 Wed 15-Jun-11 20:22:18

How about www.broadgatefarmcottages.co.uk near Beverley - they have some last minute offers on

Fifis25StottieCakes Wed 22-Jun-11 18:30:09

Whitley Bay, Park Resorts
Berwick Haven

Whitley Bay
Cullercoates
Tynemouth all have reasonable B&B's on the coast

Cullercoates has a lovely small cove beach with rockpools
Whitley bay is good as it has the shows and a park. It is also within walking distance of the shopping centre.

Ive been to Berwick, its lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now