Talk

Advanced search

DH want to go to Alderley edge - can anyone recommend somewhere to stay that's not too pricey?

(4 Posts)
MadameBoo Mon 30-May-11 18:53:15

Have looked at some hotels but would much prefer a MNer's opionion. We have 3 year old DS with us as well, we could camp but would prefer not to.

Jojosan Tue 31-May-11 22:24:41

I suppose it depends on your budget... The Alderley Edge hotel is overpriced I would say. There is a Premier Inn in the central village - but I guess this one is "you get what you pay for" type of hotel. Merlin is quite popular I think. And there is a B&B called Wizards Thatch but I think it is also quite expensive.

You also have a few places to stay in nearby Wilmslow - another Premier Inn (not bang middle town centre though), The Wilmslow Lodge (middle of Village) and a Holiday Inn (outside village, on the way to Manchester Airport but they do have a swimming pool which is nice).

MadameBoo Tue 31-May-11 23:12:36

That wizards thatch looks great but is a bit too much for us. I did another thread and someone suggested Stockport... we don't have to stay in Alderley as we only want to visit it for the day so we could explore elsewhere smile

carocaro Tue 07-Jun-11 19:07:01

Loads of hotels at Manchester Airport and only 20 mins drive to Alderley Edge, cheaper option, Stockport is grim tbh, Cottons in Knutsford is lovely and not too £££ and has swimming pool, near Tatton Park with big adventure playground. Wilmslow hotels suggested above are good too,

What does DH want to do/see in alderley edge? I go through it mose days and just being nosey!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: