Talk

Advanced search

UK toddler-friendly holidays

(4 Posts)
ilovemyoboe Mon 23-May-11 15:53:19

Need to sort out a holiday for June/early July time for my husband, myself and our 2 yr old. One of our main holiday issues is that we need a decent sized cot or preferably a cotbed as our little boy is too tall to fit in our travel cot, but too wriggly to go in a standard bed.

Does anyone know of places that offer cotbeds, or proper cots rather than travel cots? Would ideally like somewhere that could also be self catering, but with child-friendly eateries nearby. Don't mind a holiday park type of place.

wearymum200 Tue 24-May-11 21:40:22

hello! Can't 2 yr old go in a bed with a bed rail? Both of my (very wriggly) children have moved straight from cot to bed with a rail (we have a travel one which we take with us, but lots of child friendly self catering places also provide)
try www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk for all things child friendly

mummymeister Wed 25-May-11 13:05:39

Hi we stay at wringworthy cottages which is just outside Looe. Really set up for toddlers with lots of free things like cots, high chairs and stuff. Our children are older now but still enjoy it and it is not far from the sea. They have a swimming pool that it actually warm enough for me to want to go in it. Not sure what they have in June as we can only go in school hols. A few other websites to try like all4kids and awaywiththekids.com If you tell places exactly what you want then they should be up front and tell you whether they can or can't do it. Wearymum is right too we put ours into a bed with bedside guard one side and wall the other to stop them falling out onto the floor (selfish reasons really as we had to get up to put them back!) Good luck with your search.

MamaVoo Fri 27-May-11 15:12:53

Helpful Holidays does self catering cottages, mainly in Devon and Cornwall, and show in the brochure whether the property has a proper wooden cot or a travel cot. I found it really helpful before DS went into a proper bed as he was too big for a travel cot but wouldn't settle in a bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: