Talk

Advanced search

find me a lodge or cottage with facilities for next week please!

(23 Posts)
triplets Mon 23-May-11 06:12:48

Just so desperate to get away, very tired grumpy husband, has cancer, three bored stroppy teenagers and one very fed up mum atm. Live in Kent. Not Cornwall or Scotland too far to travel. Need to keep kids happy, nightmare! Not got pots of money either!!

dontdillydally Mon 23-May-11 11:59:44

center parcs!

bumblingbovine Mon 23-May-11 13:37:33

Hi

We have just booked booked this place for half term. There are some places left and it had v good reviews on trip advisor Scroll to bottom of page
Not sure what your budget is as this isn't that cheap the lodges for 6 are around £600 for 4 nights but for short notice at half term it is not too bad.
We paid less than this but we are only 3 so didn't need the bigger lodges

Or maybe try a website like this www.next4weeks.co.uk/

triplets Mon 23-May-11 22:24:49

Have looked at both of those, there is nothing suitable. Would love CP but its far too expensive for 4 nights. Getting desperate!

bumblingbovine Wed 25-May-11 13:03:04

hi triplets. I have been thinking about you and your need for a holiday which I can dso empathise with. Have you found anything?

Have you tried Park Resorts? there are some ready tents and caravans left for half term week on a couple of therir resorts on the Isle of Wight

They can be a bit variable but we have had lovely holidays at the Nodes Point one and thorness Bay one on the Isle of Wight

We stayed in a Ready Tent at the Nodes point one which was surprisingly OK and they have one left for half term for around £390 for the week. They have cot beds and all the cooking stuff you need and have 3 "bedrooms" and sleep 6).
You just need to bring warm bedding (duvets and seeping bags etc) and clothes really. there is even an electric light for night time, though some torches for night visits to the loo are a good idea.

I think they have some caravans left too for a different resort for around £690 for a week

You will need to pay for the ferry crossing though which will add around £100-£150 to the holiday

bumblingbovine Wed 25-May-11 13:06:43

There are also a few caravans left (if a tent does not appeal) in anglia and Lincs area

www.park-resorts.com/holidays/?dates=27%20May%202011&booking_group_id=1&unit_types=&durations=8&date_id=769&duration_id=66®ions=

Carrotsandcelery Wed 25-May-11 13:11:36

Hi triplets - how much by way of facilities are you thinking of?

We have stayed in a fantastic cottage here which has a small pool, gym, restaurant, mini golf course and tennis court. The village itself is very small but it was handy for lots of interesting days out.

We have also stayed here which had a small pool, games room, tennis courts and open grassland. It was also about 5 or 10 mins drive from the park and ride into the city of York which was fantastic.

Both cottages may be a bit small for your needs but both little resorts had a variety of sizes of cottages.

I hope you find something good and have a great holiday.

Carrotsandcelery Wed 25-May-11 13:13:15

I have just read bumbling's post and have realised I should have checked availability. I am not sure when half term is though as we are in Scotland and don't have it.

mummymeister Wed 25-May-11 13:17:15

Triplets so sorry to hear you havent found anything yet and the looking for it can really get you down. Did you try lastminutecottages.com they still have places with spaces on this site and people have to give dates so should help narrow things down for you. If i come across anything i will send it on - keep going its there somewhere

Carrotsandcelery Wed 25-May-11 13:23:20

We have never had a bad experience using this company here They ask for dates on their home page so you can narrow your search to what is available at the time when you are.

triplets Thu 26-May-11 00:19:03

Hi...............still here..............prob will be next week now too. DH and I went to Chelsea Flower Show yesterday, my best friend in Cornwall treated us to tickets as a belated b/day present for my husand. Had the most fabulous day, amazed and dazzled by it all. Then coming back on the tube someone nicked dh wallet from his ruckack, we were packed in like sardines, didn`t realize until we went into M&S on the station and it was gone. So spent an hour in Waterloo Police Station, everything gone inc our retun rail tickets which they wouldn`t replacesad

triplets Thu 26-May-11 22:04:20

Even for 4 nights Mon -Frid would be great, still hankering for a lodge smile

cat64 Thu 26-May-11 22:37:34

Message withdrawn

triplets Sat 28-May-11 07:36:55

Still looking, can`t believe how booked up everything half decent is. Now just looking for 3/4 nights as its too late to get away for the week.

BlooferLady Sat 28-May-11 07:51:51

Have you tried Sykes cottages? here. Really easily searchable database and we've found fantastic cheap places at short notice. Good luck - you all clearly need a break!

BlooferLady Sat 28-May-11 07:55:20

I've found a lot free for 3 nights next week sleeping 5 in 3 bedrooms, from about £200 - £250 - can't post link 'cos it's as long as my arm but there's plenty there!

BlooferLady Sat 28-May-11 07:58:05

Oooo I wanna stay here <getting pointlessly over excited>

triplets Sat 28-May-11 09:10:21

Thank you will scour again, trouble is a cottage with nothing to do with three full on teens is a nightmare!

triplets Mon 30-May-11 12:34:55

Still desp looking ...........CP updated their site to say offers for half term now, phoned and there was nothing!!

LIZS Mon 30-May-11 12:37:38

Hoseasons ?

triplets Mon 30-May-11 21:28:53

Hoseasons are naughty, when you go into their website and put in your dates etc, there might say be 20 acc0modations come up. Next to them it will say ring to confirm availabilty. Its a premium rate and when you get thru there is nothing available. Sometimes it will say "book" that will mean its def free for your dates. But there is nothing worth having.

liz01246 Wed 01-Jun-11 07:59:55

hi

we used a great house through www.michaelpaulholidays.co.uk, we talked to michael and he was very helpful and matched our budget

liz

triplets Thu 02-Jun-11 07:50:43

Thank you Liz, all the googling I have done and never came across them. Its too late now for this week but shall keep them in mind!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: