The Bear, Woodstock

(4 Posts)
giddybiddy Fri 01-Apr-11 17:11:16

Has anyone been and would they recommend for a night away without kids? Is the food good too?? Thank you..

OP’s posts: |
Stokey38 Fri 01-Apr-11 17:12:49

I went years ago, pre children, and loved it. Can't remember much about food but it was lovely

Faband40 Fri 08-Apr-11 13:41:49

We went for a romantic weekend away without the children for my 40th, it's really lovely. Room was Georgous, romantic, atmospheric but did overlook a graveyard!! and could have done with a lick of paint in places - but then we're quite fussy.

Location fab, went to Oxford, Blenheim palace, Bicester village, and Woodstocks nice but small. Amazing what you can fit in without the children around! We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Friday, food fabulous, couldn't fault it. A bit stuffy for us though, the atmosphere was quite serious and the French female waitress we had was a bit intense. All other staff were super lovely and helpful though. BReakfast very pleasant, I'd recommend paying the £3 tray charge to have it in your room. We would definitely go back. Hope that helps.

giddybiddy Sat 16-Apr-11 12:40:06

Oh that is very helpful, and re-assuring, thank you. The reviews are mixed on trip advisor....

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in