Talk

Advanced search

Brighton, there for a day in Feb, but what to see/do??

(6 Posts)
northender Thu 13-Jan-11 13:40:38

We (me, dh, ds and dd, 9&6) are going to Brighton in Feb half term. We'll have 2 evenings there and only one full day. None of us have been before and it's likely to be a while before we ever go again so your advice as to the best things to see and do would be most welcome!

iceandlemon Thu 13-Jan-11 13:49:33

There's lots to do in Brighton! The pier is a must as is a stroll along the seafront, weather permitting obv. There's the sealife centre and Brighton pavilion which are well worth visiting - if you buy tickets from the tourist info centre next to the pavilion you can get a pretty good discount.

Otherwise, there's shopping in the quirky shops in the north laines and the lanes as well as loads of restaurants. Brighton is a great place to just wonder around and people watch!

Have a great time

iceandlemon Thu 13-Jan-11 13:50:10

Wander, not wonder!

northender Thu 13-Jan-11 14:08:31

Thanks, I think the kids will love the pier and ds, given the chance, would spend all day on the beach throwing stones into the sea! We probably won't do the Sea Life Centre as my ILs are in Plymouth so we do the aquarium there regularly.

Looking forward to eating out and quirky shops sound good. We're not natural shoppers but I love independent shops so will try to do the laines.

benbon Thu 13-Jan-11 22:34:54

if you do dinner go to donatellos in the lanes 2 courses for £6.95 amazing but very very popular!!!! would give the sealife a miss its so stinky in there...lol..

northender Thu 13-Jan-11 22:39:44

Thanks for that, I hate spending ages wandering round looking at menus only to end up at the first place you went to! It sounds italian which the kids love and a nice price which dh and I will like grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now