Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for working farm holiday north of eng

(8 Posts)
toucancancan Wed 29-Dec-10 13:09:02

There are some great working farm places to stay on the south coast but that's too far for us. Has anyone stayed in a good working farm - either b+b or self catering in north of eng?

Rupreckt Wed 29-Dec-10 13:11:16

here

melezka Wed 29-Dec-10 13:14:34

Now I haven't looked it up but the farm that was used in the Victorian Farm BBC series has the cottage that was done up for the series to stay in if you would like that experience...can quite see that's roughing it for too many people though.
And when you say working farm, you don't mean you working - as in WWOOFing?

toucancancan Wed 29-Dec-10 13:45:20

Just a relaxing place we can stay where DD's can collect eggs, see pigs being fed, etc and the cows going off to be milked.

melezka Wed 29-Dec-10 14:41:33

Sorry - we are in the too far away part of the country - but bumping you

toucancancan Wed 29-Dec-10 14:54:37

Thanks I remember staying at a working farm as a kid - self catering and want to recreate the experience! Would rather stay somewhere that's recommended by a mumsnetter.

Honeymoonmummy Tue 04-Jan-11 23:19:42

Bump - will be watching with interest smile

KathH Wed 05-Jan-11 13:15:09

Hi - we stayed on a lovely farm in Wolsingham in Co Durham called Greenhill Farm (I think!). We've been there twice. There are quite a lot of farms in that area that do accomodation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: