Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Natural Retreats Yorkshire?

(4 Posts)
superoz Tue 28-Dec-10 22:53:23

Am just looking at booking something for the Easter break next year and considering Natural Retreats in Richmond, Yorkshire. dd is 3 years old so just wondering if there is enough for her there or if it suits older kids more?

Shellwell Thu 30-Dec-10 22:18:49

I've stayed there several times, beautiful place. The lodges are very modern and great when you see a deer go past your window. There are walks you can go on and lots of wildflife to see. The managers there will help you with anything you need and give you help and advice on the area. I took my DD1 from the age of 9 months and recently went with my DD1 (now 2) and DD2 when she was just a few weeks old. I would recommend going, but there is little to do in the area other than walking around. But there is plenty of places to go visit with children. Hope this helps.

superoz Wed 05-Jan-11 22:25:31

Thank You Shellwell. That sounds good, I was a bit unsure as the lodges look quite swish and I wondered if it was one of those places that said they welcomed children but turned out to be unpractical for little ones. Will look forward to the woodland walks and as we have a car can go out for day trips.

Shellwell Thu 06-Jan-11 11:24:04

No they are very welcoming to children. When you arrive the site manager comes to see you and is on hand for help or places you want to go. Also when you book you can request a high chair, sterilizer, baby bath and travel cot all at no extra cost. I know you won't need any of these as you have a 3 year old but just proves they are happy to accommodate children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now