Talk

Advanced search

We were about to book a week in Centre Parcs but....

(18 Posts)
LauraNorder Mon 29-Nov-10 21:17:39

....we're having second thoughts! Mainly because it's soooooo expensive! DH wants to take his parents too so we're booking a 4 bedroomed villa which means we're looking at around £2000 for a weeks holiday shock

If we didn't do Centre Parcs what else could we do that would be a nice weeks away with 3 small children and 2 oldies?

dominothedinosaur Mon 29-Nov-10 21:18:34

WHere are you? Have heard good things about bluestone in West Wales, supposed to be like centerparcs but cheaper with nicer accommodation.

Showaddywaddy Mon 29-Nov-10 21:19:31

£2k?

Blimey. Is that in the holidays?

We pay £250 for a 5 day stay in a 3 bedroom villa. But off peak.

£2k? Bejaysus.

ChasingSquirrels Mon 29-Nov-10 21:19:50

farking hell!

What week are you looking at?

alphamummy Mon 29-Nov-10 21:23:22

[[ www.lowcostholidays.co.uk go get some sun!]]

LauraNorder Mon 29-Nov-10 21:24:03

Spring half term

alphamummy Mon 29-Nov-10 21:24:39

go get some sun!

MmeLindt Mon 29-Nov-10 21:24:45

Wow, that is expensive.

How old are the children? Are you stuck with school holidays? Do you want to stay in UK?

LauraNorder Mon 29-Nov-10 21:25:11

We don't want to go abroad - we've not long been back from living in Cyprus for 3 years. I do not want to go anywhere near an airport!

fluffles Mon 29-Nov-10 21:25:44

depends how much you really love each others company i'd say. if you're happy to hang out together all the time and make your own entertainment then just find a hoseason's self catering place somewhere pretty.

but.. if you need some entertainment and some time away from 'being together' then centre parcs can be priceless grin

liath Mon 29-Nov-10 21:26:46

I usually only book midweek breaks at CP as a week is so much more expensive for just the 2 extra nights. If you arrive early on the monday and leave late on the friday it still feels like a decent stay.

MmeLindt Mon 29-Nov-10 21:29:34

We have been to Centerparcs for €50 for a weekend and €150 for a Mon-Fri break. Booked last minute through the European website.

No way I would pay £2000, even for the activities etc.

bottleofwineandastrawplease Mon 29-Nov-10 21:33:28

I have been to centreparcs on numerous occiasions but never paid that much. When are you going aand why costing so much?

I am subject to school holidays but £2k is ridiculous

SixtyFootDoll Mon 29-Nov-10 21:34:20

I would book a static caravan or self catering cottage. £2k is a hell of a lot!

SixtyFootDoll Mon 29-Nov-10 21:34:20

I would book a static caravan or self catering cottage. £2k is a hell of a lot!

Hulababy Mon 29-Nov-10 21:34:27

CP is very expensive in school holidays.

How about hiring a nice cottage somewhere?

Ruthiebabes Mon 29-Nov-10 21:56:06

What about a small self catering complex with indoor pool, children play areas etc. We go to different ones every May half term. Last year we went to www.hamfarm.co.uk, next May we are off to www.newhousebarton.co.uk.

It is lovely because only a few families so pool etc never busy, and children love having others to play with.

We tend to go to Devon and always with the beach within half hour drive.

Have been to CP twice when children preschool.. but would not pay the price in school hols.

LauraNorder Mon 29-Nov-10 22:21:17

Never been before so not sure why it's so expensive. Maybe a combination of school holidays plus 4 bedrooms?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: