Talk

Advanced search

Parking charges in London overnight?

(3 Posts)
TheSleepFairy Tue 16-Nov-10 21:07:32

We are staying in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Hyde Park on Saturday night.
It's a big works evening for my DH & tbh I feel very out of my depth as it is way out of our league.
The first hurdle is parking the car!! The hotel charge £60 for an overnight stay & that really is so much of our budget.
This is the first night away from the children in 3 years & yet again money is the only downer, well apart from not having anything appropriate to wear but that is another thread grin.

Devonlover Wed 17-Nov-10 10:24:22

£60 is extortionate, even by ridiculous London standards. Hotels always charge more for parking, it's one of the ways they make money.
Depending on where you're coming in from, why not park in zone 2, 3 or even further out, but somewhere near a tube and come into central London that way? That way you can avoid paying the congestion charge too. Hyde Park isn't difficult to get to by tube.
Or, even if you find an alternative car park in town, it's going to be cheaper than using the Mandarin Oriental. Try a google search and see what comes up.
Good luck!

PfftTheMagicDragon Wed 17-Nov-10 10:50:59

We park out near Brentford and get the tube from Boston Manor. There is plenty of street parking, it's not rammed so you won't be stealing parking from anyone else and there is no permit parking on the streets a 10 min walk from the tube.

Walk to the tube, it's about 20 mins or so into the centre.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: