Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in Kendal area with a 3yr old.

(6 Posts)
Maybee Mon 15-Nov-10 21:24:38

Hello when Travelodge were doing their big sale I snapped up a room in Kendal this Sat night for £15. Since then however I have split with dh although we are still sharing our home. Our 8yr old has a birthday party that day as well.
So i'm thinking should I go with my nearly 3 yr old and leave our 15 month yr old and 8yr old here? Or should I just cancel the whole thing? Kendal is about 2hrs from where I live. Part of me longs to get away but if its v wet and miserable it might be a bit dull. Or are there things that would be fun with a toddler in tow?
All advice appreciated.

abouteve Mon 15-Nov-10 21:29:12

You could try a trip 10 miles further north to the World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, then go and feed the ducks.

ceebeegeebies Mon 15-Nov-10 21:32:17

The South Lakes Animal Park is free entry for everyone over the winter period - it is about 30-45 minutes away though so maybe a bit far (but maybe worth it as it is really good and free wink)

There is also an aquarium near Newby Bridge which is about 10 minutes drive away.

There is a steam railway (not sure if that would be your DD's kind of thing though) nearby.

Or failing that, Windermere/Ambleside are lovely just to potter round.

Will have a think about other stuff.

Maybee Mon 15-Nov-10 21:37:31

Thanks we had a lovely family holiday in Windermere 3yrs ago and I loved it. I'll check out the weather forecast. If its nice we could do a little cruise.

abouteve Mon 15-Nov-10 21:40:17

You could go on the steamer to lakeside then get the steam train.

Maybee Mon 22-Nov-10 03:07:26

I went and had a lovely time. Stunning colours and winter sunshine. We went to the animal park and saw bear cubs and a tiger cub among other animals and spent time in the visitor centre near Windermere in the adventure playground. i'm so glad we went now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now