Talk

Advanced search

Online tutoring?

(8 Posts)
Caroline25632 Sat 28-Sep-19 14:18:45

Mums,

Are you using any youtube channels, websites or apps to tutor your children?

I think it would be less expensive than a person and my kids could learn a lot. Just not sure where to look..

norfolkskies Sat 28-Sep-19 20:25:30

we use my online schooling. its pay per subject. over 5 you get a 10 or 15%discount. good for home educating.

SapatSea Sun 29-Sep-19 17:00:22

Khan Academy is on youtube and is free

Chetan Fri 04-Oct-19 17:14:33

Dear Caroline25632,

I could give you some specific advice if you like smile What are the subjects and school years you want to find online resources for?

If your children are generally good at studying on their own I certainly agree online resources are the best way to go.

1onelyranger Sun 06-Oct-19 07:46:00

I think it would be less expensive than a person and my kids could learn a lot. Just not sure where to look..

That’s like saying, “I think that it would be a lot less expensive to build my own conservatory I just need someone to show me how to do it”

tracystevens Mon 14-Oct-19 08:27:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Alessiajasper Thu 31-Oct-19 10:40:16

@Caroline25632 I am a big believer in apps and online tools. Both of my children (studying for GCSEs) use an app called "EasyA". It connects them with tutors on-demand, and they can ask as many questions as they want. It works out much cheaper than hiring an in-person tutor and can be more effective I've found. My son, who isn't naturally talented at maths, is able to get help in minutes and doesn't have to schedule sessions in advance (he's a busy boy so this can be tough). I've put the link below:

apps.apple.com/us/app/easya/id1478549100

flymetothemoon1 Fri 08-Nov-19 13:13:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »