Talk

Advanced search

social media for maths

(6 Posts)
mathstutoron Fri 02-Aug-19 13:04:29

I have recently retired from teaching secondary maths and want to provide one-to-one tutoring (near High Wycombe). I want to help parents & students (and promote my services) via social media but am not familiar with using any of the popular platforms. What platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc) do Mums look at and what information will they find interesting or useful?

JoJoSM2 Fri 02-Aug-19 22:08:08

If you just want to get a few students (rather than build an empire), I’d place an advert on childcare.co.uk or a tutoring website.

Tbh I’ve never used social media for education related things.

mathstutoron Sat 10-Aug-19 10:17:06

Thanks for the advice. I'm already on the 'Tutor Hunt' website and with other agencies but wanted to do some more promotion via social media. Do Mums use Facebook or twitter or other platforms for finding Maths Tutors?
I'll check out childcare.co.uk

Lostinmumslation Sun 18-Aug-19 18:13:53

My relatively unqualified opinion is that Instagram is a good platform to network with mums. Edu sector is well represented on Twitter but would probably be less effective to reach prospective clients. I personally follow a number of edu accounts on Instagram with tips and tricks relevant to my children's developmental stages. I would recommend swatting up on building follower base and establishing some good hashtags to use that will help people stumble upon your account. Good luck!

Hecateh Sun 18-Aug-19 18:18:07

Not tutoring but I have sourced many things through facebook.

Including gardening, plumbing, electrician, hairdressing.

I know it's not the same but it does seem pretty active

tapdancingmum Sun 18-Aug-19 18:54:10

Join the local pages on FB to advertise i.e High Wycombe, Risborough Grapevine or Risborough Community, Naphill and Walters Ash community to name a few in the area. As you can tell I'm local to High Wycombe and always see adverts on these pages for tutors or people looking for tutors. Hope that helps 😀

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »