Advanced search

Tutor that accepts childcare vouchers

(6 Posts)
FelicityForthright Thu 13-Jun-19 16:15:49

My DD is in year 7 and is struggling a bit in French, mainly because in verbal tests she is so afraid that her accent is wrong that she can barely bring herself to say anything. I need to find her a French tutor. I have £3000 of childcare vouchers that I haven't been able to use and can't get refunded (because I left the job that issued them). I would very much like to use them to pay for the French tutor, but also if possible for piano and singing lessons. Come September I will probably also be looking for an A level tutor for DS, so interested in hearing about options for that also. Thanks in anticipation.

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 13-Jun-19 19:00:52

You cannot use them for private education or tutoring, only registered childcare providers.

Which can include holiday camps, so perhaps your best bet wouid be to see if there are any French or bilingual activity camps near you

pepperpot99 Tue 25-Jun-19 15:48:13

Yeah, good luck with that one hmm.

Hwory Tue 25-Jun-19 16:03:20

Theres loads of tutors that offer ‘childcare’ I’m sure you’ll find one in your area

MaybeDoctor Tue 25-Jun-19 16:27:27

They need to be used with an Ofsted registered childcare provider. I am in the same position and have been steadily using mine up on summer holiday provision.

What about a French speaking nanny?
PGL activity camps?

Mendips Fri 19-Jul-19 16:29:11

What you are suggesting is not allowed under tax legislation. Childcare vouchers are expressly for childcare and not tuition

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »