Talk

Advanced search

Tutor required for A level further maths

(12 Posts)
Debbie1934 Mon 27-May-19 11:49:30

Can anyone please recommend a tutor for A level further maths and hopefully physics as well. It is to help a 17 year old lad at Cheadle Hulme School. I was thinking of a University student rather than a teacher who can relate to what they are currently going through. The person would need to be able to get to Bramhall.

Thank you in anticipation.

Debbie

sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 27-May-19 11:56:54

try here. he teaches further maths, maths and physics to A level standard x

RandomComment Thu 30-May-19 10:28:29

So you want a University student who has no or very little knowledge of the new A Level curriculum instead of a teacher, who should be more familiar with it?

OKBobble Thu 30-May-19 10:34:14

To be fair some children work better with another student just that level up, especially of they can relate more to them, and also know what areas they need help with rather than needing to be taught the whole syllabus.

Indeed my DS had a year 13 (who was doong maths, fm and physics A levels woth a UCL offer) help him with his gcse physics (reformed after the yr 13 took his) but got his grade up from a 4 for mocks to an 8 in his actual gcse. The sixth former was great, reassured my son he did know more than he thought he did and concerntrated on areas DS was nervous about. They became great friends and after us he was the first perskn he called to tell his gcse results.

OKBobble Thu 30-May-19 10:35:00

Excuse my many typos!

Debbie1934 Thu 30-May-19 11:25:52

Thank you OKBobble. Yes it is someone on the same wavelength than he can relate to rather than a school teacher. From another posting I have found a tutor aged 22 who has come with excellent recommendations and tutors full time so hopefully he will be up to date the school syllabus. I think it is more of a confidence booster than anything else as he has no one to ask outside school (he is not my son and lives with his grandparents when his mum passed away).

OKBobble Sat 01-Jun-19 13:25:43

I hope it all works out for him Debbie and what a lovely person to do this groundwork for him

Mushy1 Tue 18-Jun-19 11:07:16

Hi would you mind sending me details of tutor you found I need one for my daughter
Thanks

Debbie1934 Tue 18-Jun-19 14:02:17

I went on a website called Tutorful. They are not the cheapest but there is no registration fee. The guy we use is called Bevan who is very good.

berks12 Sun 23-Jun-19 01:57:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tashp24 Wed 28-Aug-19 08:59:30

hi @Debbie1934 are you still looking for a further maths tutor by any chance?

My background: did engineering at Cambridge, worked for a few years, now about to start a PhD at UCL. I got close to full marks in all my A Level exams. I have done lots of access and youth work although it's been a while since I did any tutoring. With that in mind happy to do a first session for free and a good price.

Let me know if you're interested!

tracystevens Thu 17-Oct-19 13:09:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »