Talk

Advanced search

4+ tutor

(9 Posts)
MummyAZTM Wed 09-Jan-19 17:30:52

Does anybody know of a private tutor to help with 4+ assessment. My daughter is about to turn 3 next month and will be applying for 4 plus at Putney High and Ken Prep next January. Would like her to have some private tutoring to specifically focus on 4 plus assessment but to be done in a ‘fun’ and informal way. I would be grateful for you help. Many thanks

April2020mom Wed 09-Jan-19 17:48:49

Not sure if I understand you or not. Why do you want to tutor her at such a little age?

FamilyOfAliens Wed 09-Jan-19 17:51:48

This has got to be a wind-up.

CaledonianSleeper Wed 09-Jan-19 17:59:43

OP I suspect you’ll get no helpful responses on this thread - try the 3+ 4+... 2019 Support thread in the Primary Education topic, and particularly a user there called Mumteacher. (Having said that, my personal view is it’s pointless tutoring at that age, preps tend to be looking for fit rather than specific skills, but each to his own!)

PurpleDaisies Wed 09-Jan-19 18:02:00

4 year olds should be playing. They should not have tutors.

Justthecover Wed 09-Jan-19 18:47:03

Please don’t get a tutor for your 3 year old. Take her to the forest and talk about what you see, hear, feel etc. Have some messy fun. Read books together. Bake some cupcakes. Let her spend her free time playing and see where her imagination takes her. I’m sure all these things will help with whatever the assessment will entail.

achoocashew Wed 09-Jan-19 18:52:43

Seriously? Give your head a wobble......

grace17 Thu 10-Jan-19 09:57:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MummyAZTM Fri 11-Jan-19 05:28:59

Thanks so much grace17 and Caledonian sleeper for the useful advise.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »