Talk

Advanced search

Advertising Private Tuition

(4 Posts)
ImranLakhi Sun 28-Jan-18 19:48:39

Hi all,
Mumsnet first timer so not sure about all the rules.
I run a small private tuition business which I would like to advertise more widely. Not had a huge amount of luck on Fb, where I have my own page as well as advertising on a number of local selling groups.

Also tried to contact schools to see if I can advertise there, no luck. Thinking of reaching out to dental surgeries, doctor's etc but would prefer something online with a wider reach.

Am I allowed to advertise on mumsnet?

Where else would you suggest advertising?

Thanks in advance!

Imran

pepperpot99 Thu 08-Feb-18 10:10:08

There is a small ads page on MN if you look on the Talk contents page.

Schools won't let you advertise - and it is very bad form to try and target Dentist and Doctor facilities as well.

Word of mouth is always the best form of advertising - it's free.

The market is already saturated; what's your USP?

ImranLakhi Thu 08-Feb-18 13:31:30

pepperpot99

Many thanks for your reply, I will check out the small ads page on MN. In reply to your points:

*You might be right about schools, especially because it might take work away from their existing teachers. I'll keep trying.

*Don't particularly want to target dentists but I'm curious as to why you think it's a bad idea.

*Word of mouth only works if you have clients! I have one at the moment, let's see where it goes.

*Do you mean the market in my area is saturated or in general? I tutor across ages and subjects, covering primary school Maths as well as A Level Economics, Business and Grammar School Entry, hopefully that will set me apart.

I might also try Gumtree but you have to pay to advertise private tuition.

Thanks again

SheeshMcNeesh Fri 09-Feb-18 22:59:46

Word of mouth is your best bet, and friends etc. who may recommend you.

Keep an eye on Facebook too - often your local for sale groups may have people asking for recommendations.

It’ll take a while to build your reputation (trust me, I despaired at the start), but you should get there, as long as you have a good catchment around you. I’m in a biggish city with many private schools so it’s been quite easy for me - depends on your area’s socioeconomic and demographic profile.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now