Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Maths tutor

(11 Posts)
31Daisy Tue 20-Jun-17 21:52:33

Can anyone recommend a tutor or an agency to pair me up with a maths tutor for my son. He'll be starting year 10 in September. We're in North Herts.
Thanks

RockinHippy Tue 20-Jun-17 21:56:08

We've used MyTutor to help our daughter with physics... https://www.mytutor.co.uk/

They cover all subjects & you can read reviews etc to find a suitable tutor, it's done via the internet & Skype. I was very impressed with it & no need to tidy up eithergrin

RaphUKStudyCentre Mon 26-Jun-17 11:14:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Genietutors2017 Mon 26-Jun-17 15:31:32

Hi. I run a tuition centre in Radlett and use qualified teachers. Please let me know if you want a chat.

NoBetterName Tue 27-Jun-17 15:07:07

There is a Facebook group called Find A Tutor (UK), which now has nearly 250 members, many of which are independent tutors i.e. not affiliated to an agency (and hence you know your whole tuition fee will be paid to the tutor). Send them a join request and post on there. There are a lot of maths tutors from across the country who are members.

HTH flowers

Magwu Tue 25-Jul-17 21:56:16

I provide Math and English tuition in East London. Please check out my FirstTutor profile and message me here.
www.firsttutors.com/uk/tutor/maggie.maths.mandarin/

MathsTeacher1 Thu 14-Sep-17 17:46:23

What was his end of year result? Also his predicted grade. If he is working towards his target then I don't think he needs lots of tuition, maybe once or twice a month, unless he is behind.
My husband and I run a tutoring agency called Impact Tutors. You can enter your postcode and the subject in search bar and then find a list of tutors available near you. You can find out about each tutor's fee, qualifications, teaching experience on their profile on our website and contact them directly.
I hope

lukesherman Tue 07-Nov-17 09:58:28

lansdowne1 Mon 27-Nov-17 11:27:32

If anyone in Somerset needs a private maths tutor I can recommend Steve Wood near Burnham-on-sea
www.somersetmaths.co.uk
He covers primary, secondary, GCSE & A level maths.
Very experienced.

doratheexplorer12345 Wed 24-Jan-18 12:31:31

Blossom2000 Tue 22-May-18 16:37:01

Hi,
I'm looking for a very good maths teacher in Croydon / Wallington area for my daughter who is doing her GCSEs next year. Her predicted grade is 7. We want her to get a higher grade with tuition. Can anybody recommend a tutor who get students good results?
Many thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: