Talk

Advanced search

ASDA bear/monkey wearing red hat and coat

(7 Posts)
LindaMary Fri 19-Sep-08 21:17:21

In January this year our beautiful 8 year old chocolate Labrador Sam was killed in a road accident. We were all devastated.

Two weeks later we “rescued” a year old black Labrador called Alfie who filled the gap and has become a much loved pet.

During the summer holidays our six year old son George lost his beloved toy “Monkey” at Birmingham airport. The toy was bought from ASDA in Small Heath in Birmingham in June 2002 (days after he was born).

We have recently discovered that Alfie the dog is terminally ill with a very aggressive bone cancer. George is desperate to replace his toy and having a new “Monkey” would help him to cope, please can you help us?

I have contacted Asda and tried ebay but no joy so far.

Alfie has had his right foreleg amputated today, so everything is fairly gruesome!

I have tried to cut and paste a photo of monkey but it just doesn't appear. If anyone can explain what I need to do I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much for reading this.

Linda

lilymolly Fri 19-Sep-08 22:26:20

oh dear I am so sorry about your doggies.
Could not read your post and not comment.

I have 2 labradors and this morning they got out onto the very busy (A68) road outside our hosue where average speeds are 70mph.
Thankfully I heard a beeping and a BT van had stopped and scared them back into the garden. I am just soooooooo grateful and thank the lord the dogs are ok. My eldest dog was run over 3 years ago and thankfully survived but It was immensly stressful

I cant help with regard to your lost toy, but hope someone else can come along and help you.

Really hope Alfie either gets better soon or is comfortable during his illness
How old is he BTW?
XX

LindaMary Fri 19-Sep-08 23:05:07

Thanks for your message and so glad your dogs were so lucky! Sorry to hear you've had to endure the awful sudden loss of a loved pet and all that goes with it.

Alfie is nineteen months old so we're hoping he'll have the strength to last more than the six months predicted by the vet. Haven't been able to break that part to the kids yet! It's not so bad for the 4 year old but the 6 year old is going to find it very very hard, hence my mission to locate "Monkey".

Linda

lilymolly Fri 19-Sep-08 23:22:11

Oh he is soooo young. Our youngest is only 1o months old, and you would never expect that to happen. Alfie is so young- is their any genetic link- I ask as we breed labs and had 10 puppies last year, would hate for any of them to develop anything like alfie.

Just to clarify- our dog survived the car accident thank god- but I witnessed it and it was horrific especially at 14 weeks pregnant sad

Really hope you can locate another monkey sad

LindaMary Sat 20-Sep-08 00:17:28

Sorry realised I had misread your post, trouble with reading with a glass of vino to hand!! Glad to hear all was well despite such trauma.

The condition is called osteo sarcoma, tends to affect larger breeds. I'm going to contact the breeder to advise her once he gets over the op. Will let you know if she has had any other occurences. Hope not!!

wotulookinat Sun 21-Sep-08 19:03:17

Just looking oN Ebay for you. I know these are not the same, but have a look cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-monkey-cuddly-toys_W0QQitemZ220282019367QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220282019367&_trkpa rms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

LindaMary Mon 22-Sep-08 20:41:39

Thanks, they are close. Have put in a bid to have in reserve in case of no success with the original!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now