Talk

Advanced search

Twin DD1 has lost very special twin bear, please help?

(16 Posts)
alfieandannie Mon 12-Feb-18 16:47:44

Hello! I have a set of twins aged 4.5

Twin 1 yesterday lost a very special bear when we were out and about food shopping and is so upset. It breaks my heart. Twin 2 has the same bear but in a different colour dress.

I’ve rang the supermarket we were at and they have searched around and they can’t find it, I’ve been retracing steps and have turned over everything in the car and nothing.

There is a lot of back story about these bears. They originally belonged to me and my little sister and were purchased around 2004 in Blackpool where our dad purchased them from a gift shop before we went home.
They were given to my girls when they were around 2 and they very quickly became their favourite bears. Both Twin 1+2 are very sad.

The bear that we have lost is the exact same as the picture but has a blue gown/dress and scarf. (Posting this on my phone I’m not sure my picture will upload properly)

Has anyone seen this bear at all? I know it’s a huge long shot because they were purchased a long time ago. It has a label with ‘soft sensations’
I’ve searched online and I can’t find one at all. sad

CanalCruiser Mon 19-Feb-18 23:00:17

Can't help am afraid but a comment from me might bump up your post. Hope you find one!

ThatsWotSheSaid Mon 19-Feb-18 23:01:59

Good luck op

WeeM Mon 19-Feb-18 23:03:56

I know this is no longer available but perhaps if you message the seller you might find they have one or know where to get one?
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/PMS-Soft-Sensations-White-Bear-Soft-Toy-Plush-Teddy-Approx-9-Seated-A-C-/152245143341

SockEatingMonster Mon 19-Feb-18 23:04:17

I'm sorry I can't help, but bumping for you...

GreenTulips Mon 19-Feb-18 23:13:48

Can you get the bears bame and maker from the existing one

strawberrypenguin Mon 19-Feb-18 23:14:33

Sorry can’t help (I’ll have another web trawl tomorrow) but bumping for you

FrozenMargarita17 Mon 19-Feb-18 23:23:41

I've had a really good look and also reverse image searched too and nothing. I wonder if you took a photo on a white background you could reverse image search with more luck?

halfbuffy Mon 19-Feb-18 23:34:03

I've had a good look too and nothing, sorry OP, I hope you find it (or something similar)

Adarajames Mon 19-Feb-18 23:35:01

Try out Facebook local list toy groups, they often sort it out for people

Adarajames Mon 19-Feb-18 23:35:12

*lost

riledandharrassed Mon 19-Feb-18 23:37:42

Bump

Meandmy4 Mon 19-Feb-18 23:39:15

Good luck op x
Try posting a wanted ad on local gumtree ?...or local fb page i really hope you find it /one x

Worldsworstcook Mon 19-Feb-18 23:42:19

Is there a local Facebook page you can put a bolo for post?

My local fb page has had 3 or 4 people showing Bear's and toys members of the public have found just over the last few days.

One question - gave you looked under the car front seats? The lost things that I have found way under these seats is lengthy!

Otterseatpuffinsdontthey Mon 19-Feb-18 23:46:47

Will come back if I find anything bear

alfieandannie Mon 26-Feb-18 11:32:05

Oh my goodness I forgot I started this thread!

@WeeM I purchased that bear! Unfortunately when it arrived it wasn't blue it was purple and had lots of holes in. Really wasn't worth nearly £10!

Anyway I've given that bear to my daughter saying that this is the cousin of her original bear and that her bear is exploring at the moment (until I find another one)

I don't think I'll ever find one! I look every day! sad I hope the original has a good home now and she didn't end up in a bin sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: