Talk

Advanced search

Lost Mothercare My First Bear

(1 Post)
drchap Thu 23-Jul-15 23:50:53

We managed to lose my daughter's much loved teddy on the last night of a P&O cruise last month (Azura A514 to the Fjords) - no luck with their lost property department. See attached picture of teddy by himself, and the last picture we have of him, hours before he went missing.

I have slightly mixed feelings about getting a replacement, but I suppose it's extremely unlikely now we'll find the original.

Frustratingly looks like Mothercare cleared out their stock of these earlier this year (for as little as £3!):
www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-My-First-Bear/430139,default,pd.html

I called pretty much every Mothercare branch in London just in case any individual stores had any stock left, but no luck there either.

I did spot one on ebay just now, with a minimum bid of £34.99(!) - over ten times what they were being flogged off for by Mothercare. On the one hand I'm prepared to pay that if there's no other choice, on the other hand I do feel a bit of a mug, that particular ebay seller seems to have sold lots of toys like this, often over the odds, and they're obviously making a tidy profit out of overly sentimental parents like me!

Should anyone happen to have one at the back of a cupboard they don't want, and would be willing to sell (ideally for less than £35!) please get in touch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now