Talk

Advanced search

Best bath toys - recommendations needed

(17 Posts)
imaginewittynamehere Tue 10-Nov-09 16:29:09

I have 2 dd's dd1 is 3.2, dd2 is 8 months.

Their collection of bath toys is pitiful - stacking cups & a tomy singing dolphin thing (singing dolphins don't work but dd1 has named all 8 so they stay anyway!)

So I thought I'd look for some for their christmas presents but I can't find any good recommendations , so please tell me yours!!

imaginewittynamehere Tue 10-Nov-09 22:18:01

No bath toy aficianados around?

chuckeyegg Wed 11-Nov-09 07:25:33

DS loves his basket ball game for the bath.

here

He also likes his spongy letters and numbers that you stick on the side of the bath, we got them in Sainsburys quite cheaply. Sainsburys are also selling bath net bags for storing the toys for 14p at the moment and they are really handy.

xx

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 11-Nov-09 07:35:14

DS likes his Tidmouth Sheds with Thomas, James and Percy. He had it for his 1st birthday in January and loves it. £8 or so from Boots.

seeker Wed 11-Nov-09 07:49:58

Do you want to know the best ever ever ever bath toy?

<seeker can hardly breathe with pride at the chance to share her one and only truly brilliant parenting idea>

Adair Wed 11-Nov-09 07:54:54

tea set
empty bottles and pots
bath crayons

Adair Wed 11-Nov-09 07:56:01

oh and a cardboard tube torn into pieces to stick on the side of the bath (remove before bath water disappears or lots of mess)

my kids are easily pleased...

BlueKangerooWonders Wed 11-Nov-09 08:03:01

tea set always works round here!

BlueKangerooWonders Wed 11-Nov-09 08:04:15

and NO bath crayons - mine coloured our tile grout it never came out...

Adair Wed 11-Nov-09 08:09:27

Ah, you have to be strict - no drawing on tiles just the bath!

(and we're moving anyway wink)

imaginewittynamehere Wed 11-Nov-09 09:59:59

Thank-you all I shall be looking for all these - with the crayons maybe on hold unless I get desperate - they sound like dd1 would love them & I would hate them!

And seeker - yes please I'd love to know

BertieBotts Wed 11-Nov-09 10:04:51

Bluekangaroo, try scrubbing it with a mixture of lemon juice and salt.

Haven't bought any yet (going to be DS' Christmas present) but the ones in ELC with water wheels etc look good. All around £10 each and there are reviews on the website.

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 11-Nov-09 10:09:06

My DD has the Fifi watering can and she loves it. We have had lots of squirty toys too but I am trying to 'lose' them all as they get digusting black gunge in them and are impossible to clean.

seeker Wed 11-Nov-09 10:27:41

OK - you've twisted my arm. It's a waterproof torch. Honestly. You can get them from pound shops. Get several. My dd is 13 and STILL takes a torch into the bath sometimes! You haven't lived until you have shone a torch up through bubbles in a darkened bathroom - the patterns are amazing!

GreenMonkies Wed 11-Nov-09 10:30:16

Empty bottles and plastic cups.

No expense spared and played with for hours.....

(Like the torch idea though....)

imaginewittynamehere Wed 11-Nov-09 17:01:41

Seeker, that really is brilliant; I shall be looking for several asap!!

Greenmonkies - that has been my approach so far - the amazing non functioning dolphins were a present hmm. DH is making me feel bad though. D

D1 likes playing with the watering can in & the garden & the ones thay put out for under fives swimming so that is a great idea too!

rachels103 Wed 11-Nov-09 17:08:51

Plastic tea set has had the most mileage in this house. "The yellow jug with the cat on it"is still ds's fave bath toy at nearly 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now