Talk

Advanced search

Which toy kitchen for a 3 year old?

(7 Posts)
caramelbunny Fri 30-Oct-09 08:14:00

Would like to get toy kitchen for Christmas. Set my heart on the Ikea one as I love the miniature pans and cutlery but it's not in stock and has now disappeared from the website. I'd like something tasteful as it will be sat around the house for the next few years. My husband thinks we should get ELC sizzlin kitchen. Anyone any ideas or recommendations?

PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 08:17:32

It is a bit more expensive but this John Lewis one is nice - I think worth the extra considering it's you that will be staring at it for a few years!

Bumperlicioso Fri 30-Oct-09 08:30:17

We are making something like blachindle.wordpress.com/2009/02/02/play-kitchen/. And we have bought the pots and pans and utensils seperately from Ikea (they are fab!).

CornishKK Fri 30-Oct-09 08:39:10

I like the Great Little Trading Company one, www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/toys_games_pretend_play/Chelsea-Kitchen-Set---SAVE-£20/10000001068

I suspect children actually prefer toys that are plastic and have added wow factors like the sizzle though

PuppyMonkey Fri 30-Oct-09 08:54:46

Have been looking at this but now I've seen the John Lewis one, I want that instead!!!!

CornishKK Sat 31-Oct-09 08:13:53

Caramel - I noticed in Ikea Croydon last night they have all the utensils even if they don't have the kitchen.

I also noticed that I used to do more interesting things on a Friday night than go to Ikea to buy an elusive rocking moose...

tinkisthrillerthrillernight Sun 08-Nov-09 10:52:16

we have elc wooden one great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now