Talk

Advanced search

Digger/ Excavator/ Bulldozer

(15 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Thu 29-Oct-09 11:03:51

Can anyone recommend a digger, excavator or bulldozer for sandpit use? Ideally not massive or too expensive! TIA.

GreatGooglyMoogly Thu 29-Oct-09 19:03:30

bump

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 30-Oct-09 09:28:27

bump

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 09:42:49

do you mean to sit on or a smaller one?

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 30-Oct-09 10:15:37

Smaller one!

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 10:35:04

how old is child?
plastic or wooden?
price range?
[blood from stone...]

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 10:39:01

dump truck, wooden, £20, toddler style

other good ones in 'similar toys' link at bottom of page

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 30-Oct-09 13:24:45

Oooh that looks nice MrsB!

Sorry, it is for a nearly 3 year old; don't mind about material. Just don't want to buy something that isn't any good, eg. falls apart, is too difficult to use, etc.

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 14:13:01

if you can bear parting with the cash and having to put away the rest of the (tiny fiddly) bits in the set, or can find one secondhand, Playmobil are pretty sturdy for this kind of thing and have play value way beyond the sandpit.

Really he is a bit young, but dd (2.3) has a Playmobil helicopter where all you can do is open the doors and she adores it.

Ebay is a good source fi you are looking pre-loved:
bulldozer

digger

excavator

Have a look here if you fancy buying new - the dump truck looks pretty sturdy

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 30-Oct-09 16:02:52

Not sure about playmobil for him yet. Would wooden ones go mouldy left in a sandpit though?

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 16:07:18

if left outside yes possibly...

I really recommend second hand basic Playmobil

CarmelaDeAngelis Sat 31-Oct-09 08:42:28

There are some sprig ones on amazon sprig toys

There were a few sprig things half price on the sainsbury's website - but I missed them. boo. sad
You can sign up to be emailed when back in stock though.

GreatGooglyMoogly Sun 01-Nov-09 18:55:18

Are sprig good Carmela? I have no idea what is any good and what will work outside in a sandpit. I wandered around the shops yesterday and saw Tonka, JCB and something else and just didn't know!

CarmelaDeAngelis Mon 02-Nov-09 01:07:30

I don't know if they're good to be left outside - but as toys sprig are good and compatible with sand play - they're all recycled stuff - not bad for the environment - but more importantly - no batteries - some of them light up - or have sounds but it's all powered by your child!
They have 2 different characters and 1 kind of car left in the sale at sainsburys half price promotion - type sprig in the search engine. (search within toys for fastest result if you don't want to see a million sprigs of herbs!)... wink

GreatGooglyMoogly Tue 03-Nov-09 18:14:58

Thanks - I'll have a look.

Just remembered - CAT was the other brand I saw at the shops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now