Talk

Advanced search

I'm a lego novice - tell me about lego city??

(7 Posts)
zookeeper Fri 09-Oct-09 08:04:14

Hello - I've two ds aged 6 and 8 who play with lego at school - I want to get some for Cchristmas but am overwhelmed with the choice.

Lego city looks expensive but they say they want the police station - at £50 I want to know if it will keep them occupied for more than a day!

all thoughts welcome

ChopsTheDuck Fri 09-Oct-09 08:10:36

I'd say it would, because the bricks can be used to build all sorts. Mine have lots of indiana jones lego sets but seem to like making chairs and birthday cakes with them! hmm

LostGirl Fri 09-Oct-09 08:30:32

I find the big sets like that have lots of large pieces specifically designed to make the building and are not much use for other things. Personally I would buy a large tub of lego bricks and then some different cars/ helicopters etc.

zookeeper Fri 09-Oct-09 09:25:35

thank you girls - what sort of lego bricks?

LostGirl Fri 09-Oct-09 14:56:57

You can buy tubs such as this which contain different size bricks and a few wheels, windows, doors and a couple of people so then you can build whatever you want. Don't be fooled by the size of the box though, it is only about a third full! We bought a small box like this and then bought a load second hand off ebay to top it up with.

LostGirl Fri 09-Oct-09 15:01:35

lego on ebay or, if youdecide to get the lego city police station, it is on the boots website and included in the 3 for 2 gifts, if that helps.

zookeeper Fri 09-Oct-09 19:10:56

thanks Lostgirl I'm off to the boots website!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now