Talk

Advanced search

DS wants something called Backagams??

(12 Posts)
MmeLindt Wed 30-Sep-09 19:05:46

His pal has them and he is mad about them. I looked in our local supermarket and they cost a fortune.

I told him that they were too expensive and he said "Mama, steal money from Papa and buy me them" shock

Does anyone know where I can buy them cheaper to save me and DS from a life of crime?

fabhead Wed 30-Sep-09 19:08:18

I think you mean Bakugan and they are expensive for bits of plastic yes. They are quite cool though!! The only thing I found was to buy a pack of 6 from argos for £20 and dole them out rather than buying the pack of 3's or 1's from the supermarket.

Be warned, they are fiddly and break quite easily.

madwomanintheattic Wed 30-Sep-09 19:10:58

bakugan. bane of my life.
(oh, and top tip - check their pockets before laundry lol - the magnetic card bits are v easily missed and disintegrate (sort of) in the washing machine)

we had the same thing with gogos though - def agree - buy in bulk from amazon and issue one at a time on a good day. grin

warning - keep them on top of the cupboard out of side, or all you will hear from morning 'til night is 'can i have....'

madwomanintheattic Wed 30-Sep-09 19:11:33

out of side? out of sight!

fabhead Wed 30-Sep-09 19:14:27

AGREED!

They are like crack - all I have heard all week is "I've been a good boy today Mummy can I have a new CannonBall" (what he calls them). And they sneak them into pockets when you are not looking on the way to school where tehy drop out on the road, break, cause fights etc etc - but, I do think they are quite fun, I secretly like playing with them too - where does it end though? You could end up with 1000's? I do wonder what happens to the colelctiosn older children have grown out of - maybe you can find a second hand collection on ebay that might be more economical too.

fabhead Wed 30-Sep-09 19:15:26

sorry about typing!

MmeLindt Wed 30-Sep-09 19:27:48

£20 for 6 sounds almost reasonable. They are asking 20chf (about £10) for one here.

Sounds like a marketing dream. Expensive, collectable, fiddly and easily lost.

What do they actually do? They just look like round balls to me.

fabhead Wed 30-Sep-09 22:15:21

oooh that's bad! Here they are £4.99 for one and I think that is too much really - my son has about 15 now and I have had to take 3 back that broke within minutes so would be annoyed if I hadnt been able to exchange them (hard in Switz I seem to remmember?) - can you get in argos here or order from Amazon?

They are plastic balls but they spring out and weird creatures/aliens type things spring out which then fold back in. They come with cards that have metal strips in them and the balls are magnetic. I think the idea is you lay the cards out in some kind of dominoes type game and roll the balls onto them so that different arms, legs, wings etc spring out and you play some sort of game like that. TBH ds and all his friends just like opening and closing them and they just throw them around to open them rather than using the magnetic cards properly which is why they sometimes break!

I think there is probably more to it but I haven't read the rules yet - ds is 4 and a bit too young I think.

Go on - get him some!!

MmeLindt Thu 01-Oct-09 08:52:23

Ok, that sounds like something that DS would like. I will ask my mum to bring some over with her when she visits in 2 weeks. Thanks.

giantkatestacks Thu 01-Oct-09 09:03:36

Have just got to work and discovered one in my pocket - no idea how it got there...

I dont think they are that breakable though - my ds seems to throw them down the street and they are ok...

MmeLindt Thu 01-Oct-09 09:05:00

Giantkatestacks.
Admit it, you have been playing with the DCs toys again.

fabhead Thu 01-Oct-09 10:52:09

I've got two in my handbag this morning for some reason - they get everywhere - we are having great fun with them in the office.

I think my ds is a bit young and tries to force them open - hence the breakages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now