Talk

Advanced search

Best Toys for a One Year Old?

(7 Posts)
ThoseSweetsAreMine Sun 30-Aug-09 12:24:23

I have a DD who is almost one and seems to be growing out of all her 'baby' toys. Can anyone recommend toys that your dc have loved? Thanks

feedthegoat Sun 30-Aug-09 17:32:47

this was one of ds's favourite toys he was given for his first birthday. It did drive me slightly nuts though!

He also liked his little toddle truck with wooden bricks in.

kalo12 Sun 30-Aug-09 17:36:10

ELC wooden trolley with blocks
wow toys friction powered cars
push along duck
pull along dinosaur
wheely bug
dolls pushchair

bluebump Sun 30-Aug-09 17:42:03

My DS loves this, the tune drives me bonkers but he loves it and toddles after it when it is on moving mode.

He loves any kind of book, normal or squeaky - preferably one that i'm reading.

He has a bag of coloured balls that go in his sandpit when there is no sand in, but he equally loves playing with them in the lounge.

He also loves telephones! We've given him an old normal one to use, we have to watch him because of the long cord but he has endless fun with that too.

SomeSleepPlease Thu 03-Sep-09 18:15:20

my son lovedthis it is really good in the car, buggy or at home

MrsBadger Thu 03-Sep-09 18:52:28

not-toy toys

so wooden spoons, pots and pans, cardboard tubes, margarine / icecream tubs, fir cones, stones, the peg bag

papashopper Thu 17-Sep-09 18:13:10

In my opinion there is no such thing as "best toys" there are many many good toys

try going to a online stores directory such as http://www.onemillionstores.com or any other they have special categories for baby toys where you will find many online retailers that sell "very good baby toys"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now