Talk

Advanced search

Anyone found a website selling really lovely mobiles?

(9 Posts)
alittleteapot Sat 29-Aug-09 14:40:25

I want to get one for baby no. 2 but can't find anything I really like. After something colourful but not gaudy, not too plasticky...

OtterInaSkoda Sat 29-Aug-09 15:43:32

Have you thought about making your own? You don't have to be particularly talented. I'm not, but DS and I still managed to make a couple of pretty-enough mobiles at a workshop at school. We used garden wire (I think) and invisible thread of some sort, and experimented to get the right balance so that our "kinetic sculptures" moved nicely. I suppose wire might be a bit scary if you're thinking about hanging it over a baby's cot but I'm sure you could come up with an alternative.

Or what about Etsy? I did a quick search. Lots of inspiration if you do decide to make your own and lots of lovely finds if you prefer to buy.

alittleteapot Sat 29-Aug-09 17:25:59

THanks Otter, those are lovely, by far the nicest I've found. Yes, I would rather make my own, just don't think I'm going to have time, but that's where I'd got to before I got your post, so maybe...

terracehouse Sat 29-Aug-09 17:27:32

These are beautiful.

stavishka Sat 29-Aug-09 21:19:06

Don't know about mobiles but lovely baby toys and clothes on the Beandrops website at www.beandrops.co.uk and they have a 10% discount on all orders placed before 31st August. They have lovely nursery prints too.

terracehouse Sat 29-Aug-09 22:38:28

Stop bloody advertising this, stavishka! It is counter-productive, I suspect.

Paolosgirl Sat 29-Aug-09 22:44:54

We found the most gorgeous little toy shop in Minehead when we were down that way on holiday, owned by the friendliest, loveliest, most helpful man. They have some mobiles, and some wonderful traditional toys here

gs Wed 14-Oct-09 17:13:01

go on to etsy - amazing designs

kimlouiseb Thu 15-Oct-09 20:23:32

These ones are lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now