Talk

Advanced search

Hotwheels for two year old?

(3 Posts)
MotherOfCrocodiles Thu 05-Nov-20 14:19:02

I was thinking of getting my kids (3 1/2 and almost 2) a hotwheels set, maybe with a gravity drop and loop the loop, as I thought it might be something they'd play together (little one take an interest in thinks that roll fast and go clunk).

The age recommendations all say 4+ or 5+ though. Are my kids too young to play with it or just too young to construct the track themselves?

OP’s posts: |
MotherOfCrocodiles Thu 05-Nov-20 14:20:43

Also I am outraged by the product description "The instruction kit provides some cool options or boys can take a wild ride with their own imaginations" what about girls?! I think my daughter would play with this (I would and I'm female)....?

OP’s posts: |
lilmishap Thu 05-Nov-20 14:26:17

My youngest son took an interest in his older brothers cars and tracks at about this age. He preferred to drive them on 'town' type tracks and adores a multi level car park. But looping tracks were a lot of fun usually only for a few days at most.
Be warned if he takes a shine to it, you may quickly get a house full of the little bastards, comparable to Lego for bare feet but still absolutely beloved by my youngest at 5.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in