Talk

Advanced search

Paddling pool

(6 Posts)
ConcernedColbalt Tue 26-May-20 10:29:32

Hi, we got this paddling pool the other day: Summer Escapes 9ft Octagonal Family Paddling Pool - 1806L and started using yesterday. Left water overnight and using again today. Is it safe to use same water overnight? How long can I leave the water? Should I change it every day? Or is there something I can put in the pool to keep the water safe for the children? Online searches talk about chlorine and pumps! But not sure if this is pertinent to the pool we have. Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Mo81 Tue 26-May-20 20:43:52

I just put a cover over mine every night and change it every other day.you can isually buyuniversal covers on ebay

Aroundtheworldin80moves Tue 26-May-20 20:47:56

We had a large paddling pool one summer, and got chlorine tablets in a floating dispenser.

Elieza Tue 26-May-20 20:56:24

If you leave the water more than two or three days it starts going green.

Also remember the grass under it will go yellow if it doesn’t get light! So you might want to empty it and move it every two or three days?

Myfriendanxiety Tue 26-May-20 20:58:19

I put a cover over night and chuck a Milton tablet in.

EatsFartsAndLeaves Tue 26-May-20 20:59:32

I put a cap full of antiseptic (own brand Dettol browny orange liquid) in ours if left overnight, just to stop bacteria growing in it too much. Also cover it so it doesn't get bird poo in it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »