Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend the perfect bus toy?

(9 Posts)
Elpheba Fri 22-May-20 21:01:56

My DS looooves buses. He’s about to turn 2 and I would love recommendations for a decent size bus toy that has opening and closing doors, a driver (passengers optional) and ideally has a button to make noises (he also loves buttons). Can anyone suggest anything? Looked at happyland which was good size but missing the doors... thanks in advance!

TheLightSideOfTheMoon Fri 22-May-20 21:05:27

V-Tech.

refriedbeanstalk Fri 22-May-20 21:10:22

Duplo and playmobil 123 both have lovely buses. No noises though which I think is a benefit 🙉

princessbananahammock252 Fri 22-May-20 21:12:26

No opening or closing doors but my daughter has this and loves it (it also fits the duplo people very well):

https://www.elc.co.uk/action-figures-and-playsets/action-figures/Happyland-London-Bus-Set/p/540449?&cmmmc==_////--+-+&utmm_source=Google&utmmedium=CPC&gclid=CjwKCAjw8J32BRBCEiwApQEKgXvGU9m1kYincixduST-S5CgEa-4STyjoLHK1U2DGj4fGh1wVVaSihoCGhMQAvDD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

ScienceNut Fri 22-May-20 21:13:36

Happyland is ace at that age, loads of second hand ones too

Emmagen Fri 22-May-20 21:17:43

There is a happyland bus at a local playgroup. It is the most popular toy there. No opening doors but the whole upper floor lifts out so you can put the little people in their seats.

DS has a vetch playtime bus and that has a door that opens but you can't put anything in it and a lot of buttons. He has had it for over 2 years and still plays with it a lot.

leosayershair Fri 22-May-20 21:40:33

Another vote for Happyland.

My DC and l loved playing Happyland and would play for ages with it. We had a boxful if it including a Happyland mat to put the buildings on. All very robust stuff.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 23-May-20 09:06:41

Chad Valley (sold in Argos) do a 46cm bus with a bendy mid section and the doors open too.

00deed1988 Sat 23-May-20 10:54:48

My son is a bit older but has this one from Tesco and loves it:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/303746126

Chad valley one is good too.

We have dozens of buses of all types....he is a little obsessed with public transport. They even have a double decker bus bunk bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »