Talk

Advanced search

Climbing frame advice greatly appreciated - £500-700, wooden (?), easy to assemble / disassemble

(4 Posts)
punjama Tue 10-Mar-20 21:31:21

Hi all

Want to get my DD (<2 yrs) a climbing frame set up for our medium sized SE London garden.

Budget upto £700 max ideally.

All the ones i've seen - wood seems to be best choice.

Ideally moving out to outside london within 1-2 years so would love to be able to easily disassemble it & reassemble on my own. I've built furniture before but it usually takes me a while since very easily distracted :P

I've been doing lots of googling and there is simply mind boggling amounts of choices:

www.tptoys.com
www.selwood.com
www.littletikes.co.uk
www.fatmoose.co.uk
www.wickentoys.co.uk
www.wickey.co.uk
www.junglegym.co.uk
www.dunsterhouse.co.uk

any of these particularly recommended? most look very similar. i cant even begin to make a short list tbh :-/

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

punjama Tue 10-Mar-20 21:38:18

reading other threads on mumsnet people also mention:

www.gardentoystore.co.uk/
www.rainbowplay.co.uk/
www.tptoys.com/

JungleGym seems to get recommendations quite often...

Seeline Wed 11-Mar-20 11:25:16

I know you said probably wooden, but we had a metal TP frame. It could be adjusted from a lower height to higher as the child got older. It had a slide attachment and a walkway with ladder, and a covered 'den' at the top. It is still in the garden 16 years on. It lasted brilliantly and both children got hours of fun from it.

this one

Danni91 Wed 11-Mar-20 13:48:01

We got one from Dunster house about 4 years ago.
We spent a little under 600 if I remember correctly.
Lovely to look at and other kids enjoy it, it is starting to go wonky in parts & the roof cover has ripped off in this years winds. I wouldn't want to dismantle and put it back up after this long tbh.

Avoid anything with a sand pit on as it'll go to waste because there is no lid.

Customer service was brilliant. Curb side delivery only but the delivery man kept us super to date with his arrival so we could be around to bring it through the back.

Id recommend them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »