Talk

Advanced search

Dolls

(9 Posts)
Tinymum12 Sat 23-Nov-19 16:00:21

So, my daughter is turning 6 and is suddenly into dolls.....
It’s new to me as had a son before who loved typical boy toys such as cars etc

Question- which dolls give you most “bang for the buck”? Should I invest in Barbie or Disney types??? What do they find most appealing and will I find her getting sucked into everything? So if I get Barbie will I end up buying all the bits and pieces like the car; the house etc??

There is a fair amount out there and am confused. Also wondering if anyone has come across any ethnic dolls for variation- eg Chinese, African etc

Thanks in advance for your help and responses!!

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 23-Nov-19 16:05:36

My 6yo is getting an our generation doll for Christmas- they are gorgeous.

Patchworksack Sat 23-Nov-19 16:10:30

My daughter likes both the 18" dolls (Our generation though hers is actually Sindy and friends) and Lottie dolls. Both have a range of hair/skin colours.

FrostythefeckinSnowman Sat 23-Nov-19 16:14:02

Tree change dolls are amazing and so much nicer than the Disney type but they are in limited supplies. Wish all dolls were like these.

treechangedolls.com.au/

Tinymum12 Sat 23-Nov-19 17:22:22

Hmmm interesting. Not many large brands that actually represent real life then apart from my generation?

I saw the career type Barbies- do girls actually like those? I know mine would pick a princess one over a data scientist any day (much to my dismay) !!! I’m finding this whole doll thing fascinating

Ricekrispie22 Sun 24-Nov-19 07:04:24

Barbie type dolls are best because they don’t really age. Disney dolls come and go depending on what characters/films are recent. With Barbie, you can buy her a doll now and slowly add to her collection with clothes and accessories over the next 4 or 5 years. With Barbie, you can guarantee that they’ll still be clothes for the doll you buy her now, for many years to come. There are all kinds of Barbies now - when my DN was in a wheelchair for a spell, I gave her the new wheelchair Barbie.

hiptobeasquare Sun 24-Nov-19 07:14:40

Lottie dolls are really nice. They are worth looking at.

Elodie2019 Sun 24-Nov-19 07:30:11

Firstly unless you're a doll collector and don't touch them, you don't 'invest' in dolls! Their hair gets cut, their clothes get lrestyled, they get makeup 'makeovers'!

DDs loved 'Design a friend' dolls - and their expensive outfits!

If you're looking for barbie type dolls , the Disney princesses are from all different cultures and races.
They do baby versions of each too.
My DDs loved them!

Emsy352 Wed 27-Nov-19 23:07:16

What about larger, more realistic looking dolls like this one?

https://coolgifts.com.co/collections/gifts-for-children/products/48cm-soft-real-touch-silicone-boneca-bebes-reborn-silicone-reborn-toddler-baby-dolls-kids-birthday-christmas-gift-popular

This one looks absolutely gorgeous! 😍 This is what I'm getting for my little one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »