Talk

Advanced search

My Sister stole my toys what should I do

(9 Posts)
Supermum11 Fri 30-Aug-19 19:55:16

So I recently noticed quite a few of my toys from my childhood round my sisters house which is really bugging me as I didn't say she could have them and they aren't hers so she shouldn't have them unless I gave them to her or her child which I didn't I have a daughter who is younger than her child and would have like the option to offer them to her she has taken them from our perents house and it makes me wonder what else she has taken of mine or even my child's stuff as I've left her unattended round my house before I'm really angry about it what should I do? I feel like going round her house searching for everything that was mine it's not like her child needs anymore toys he is so spoilt it's unreal he has everything under the sun!!!

Todaythiscouldbe Fri 30-Aug-19 19:56:52

Maybe your parents gave them to her?

hellenbackagen Fri 30-Aug-19 19:58:06

I think you should put them all back in the pram.
Sorry op couldn't resist.

Ask her about it? How she got them?

Snazzygoldfish Fri 30-Aug-19 19:58:50

I think you need to let it go. It's not worth falling out over.

Singlenotsingle Fri 30-Aug-19 19:58:51

Oh grow up! The toys won't have any sentimental meaning for your dc. Just buy more.

HouseOfGoldandBones Fri 30-Aug-19 19:59:31

Why don't you just say to your sister that you noticed that she had some of your childhood toys, and you'd like to pass them on to your DD, so if she could look them out, you'll pick them up next time you're there?

Contraceptionismyfriend Fri 30-Aug-19 20:01:30

You'll have to find out if your parents gifted them. As if they've been storing them and purchased them originally then it's theirs to give. You could casually ask them and then request you get certain items back.

StockTakeFucks Fri 30-Aug-19 20:02:20

Ask your parents first as they might've given them to her.

Assuming you're at least 20 that's a lot of years and toys to remember what belonged to whom. Not to mention that maybe they welcomed having them taken due to space.

If they were that precious you should've taken them yourself.

SmartPlay Sat 31-Aug-19 12:07:10

She stole them? Jesus ... grow up! When children grow out of their toys and don't play with them, parents usually either get rid of them of store them for possible grandchildren. I assume they gave the toys to your sister because her kids are at the appropriate age, or you sister looked through the old toys.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »