Talk

Advanced search

Don't cough near a Sylvanian Families playset...!

(8 Posts)
RitaTheBeater Mon 31-Dec-18 16:40:30

My dd was nine when she got hers. Score that we had one of those wooden dolls houses that was open. The toilet seat stupidly lifted up and the beds had blankets but it was all quite chunky.

https://www.babipur.co.uk/plan-toys-terrace-dolls-house.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmafhBRDUARIsACOKERMal8aZDy4ur77QSIwo3kfSuMX11iDePOHdbRr9TAObciQoArbNZEaAkujEALwwcB

It was like this but not as expensive!

JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimmi Mon 31-Dec-18 15:21:17

I wouldnt have thought they were for 4 yeat olds. Playmobile might be a better choice? That lasts for years!

Mummylife2018 Mon 31-Dec-18 15:19:20

Ah maybe. She's 4 in January

RitaTheBeater Mon 31-Dec-18 15:19:01

Is she just two young for them? They are for older children really as they are quite fiddly.

Mummylife2018 Mon 31-Dec-18 15:18:38

Hehehehe smile Yes the older sets seem to be much better built fwink

RitaTheBeater Mon 31-Dec-18 15:17:40

Mine went in a shipping container twelve thousand miles and three months to Australia and another twelve thousand miles and three months back again and not a balcony fell from the mansion. Mind you, one of the rabbits has a toolbag so maybe repairs were carried out along the way.

Mummylife2018 Mon 31-Dec-18 15:15:17

Just for the record, have tried the bog standard Gorilla Glue and super glue gel. Should I go for epoxy? Glue gun? Some kind of solvent?

Thanks again

Mummylife2018 Mon 31-Dec-18 15:13:05

Is it just me, or are these super-cute playsets super sodding fragile?!
Maybe my child is just destructive but I have had to superglue pieces of plastic to every single set she got for Christmas! From railings to slides to cabins on top of treehouses and even first floors in Lighthouses...!! If I don't they'll be in pieces within minutes and will be inadvertently kicked around the laminate and/or stood on! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

As I typed that last sentence, she has gently moved one set around to access the rear and it's all come apart!!!!

Really disappointed. Don't want to return any as she loves them so much. So I guess my question is what glue is best for this type of plastic please?! confused

Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »