Talk

Advanced search

Christmas gifts for 9 month olds?

(9 Posts)
crystalsapphire Sat 24-Nov-18 19:40:02

I don't think it's cheeky to ask child-free friends to babysit, I'd be thrilled to be asked and trusted enough or parents are so desperate to get out they'd even let us look after them! wink the only worry I have is what to do if you thought they were sick, you wouldn't want to ruin their night out by being over-cautious and calling them, but would then also be worried about ignoring a sick baby!

I'll get on with researching the recommendations!

firsttimebabybirther Sat 24-Nov-18 19:38:39

I've just bought my 8 / nearly 9 month old one of those vtech first Walker things rescued to £25 in mothercare. Best thing ever he is OBSESSEDsmile

HoustonBess Sat 24-Nov-18 19:31:28

Ah ok with the babysitting! We keep meaning to gently ask child-free friends if they fancy babysitting, once they go to sleep reliably then it's just being in a house really, but it always seems to cheeky!

HoustonBess Sat 24-Nov-18 19:30:25

£25 each is quite a lot. We've got loads of value out of basic but endurable things like sandpit play sets, plastic stacking cups, balls.

Or get them nice clothes - about 9 months is when the stuff you get given when they're born starts to peter out and you move onto more boring, less special stuff!

crystalsapphire Sat 24-Nov-18 19:30:16

Ah thanks for the suggestions! Good to know we won't have to spend loads!

Wine we will definitely be getting for the parents! grin We live about 3 hours away so babysitting is more difficult, and terrifying when we've never looked after a child and there's two of them!! But we will be giving it a go when they're older!

HoustonBess Sat 24-Nov-18 19:27:32

Babysitting vouchers and/or wine wink

veronicas Sat 24-Nov-18 19:25:49

No need to spend £25 either! Babies don't need expensive gifts!

veronicas Sat 24-Nov-18 19:25:21

Tomy squeaky eggs
Leapfrog house
Those chunky magnetic cars from ELC.
All probably a little bit 'old' for 9 month olds to use 'properly' but they seem to appeal they they'll get more out of them when they're a few months older

crystalsapphire Sat 24-Nov-18 19:22:41

Hi, I don't have children myself but will be buying gifts for 9 month old twins (boys). We would probably spend about £25 on each. Can any parents recommend what would go down well with parents? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »