Talk

Advanced search

Disney Infinity Advice Needed

(8 Posts)
SassitudeandSparkle Mon 19-Nov-18 08:25:12

Places like CEX are great for picking up cheap figures for Infinity and Skylanders.

HearMeSnore Mon 19-Nov-18 08:17:00

And ProfessorMoody thanks for the suggestions - I will look into Lego dimensions or some other Lego games because she already has the Harry Potter Lego on the wii and enjoys that.

HearMeSnore Mon 19-Nov-18 08:11:36

Yeah I noticed that it's hard to find the original Starter Set now. It's all Marvel and Star Wars on Amazon, although they do have the original Disney one dead cheap for PS3. I believe the hardware still works with PS4 so I might get that and buy the standalone software for PS4... unless anyone in the know can tell me why that would not work...?

ProfessorMoody Mon 19-Nov-18 08:07:56

If she really wants it, fair enough, but my DS is a gamer and he had hardly any use out of it as it was really rubbish.

The games he had the most use out of at that age on that console are:
The Lego Games.
Lego Dimensions which has a similar Portal system
Skylanders, again with the Portal
Minecraft
Minecraft Story Mode
Unravelled
Portal 1 and 2
Just Dance
Rocket League

He's also played every single Mario game that has come out in recent years to death grin

If you get the Disney Infinity game and she doesn't play it, you could always trade it in at Game for credit and use it against something else. That's what I ended up doing.

SassitudeandSparkle Mon 19-Nov-18 07:54:16

Disney Infinity is an old game that they don't sell any more, so you might have to look for secondhand ones - eBay might be your friend here.

We have it on the Wii and the Wii U. I think it does work differently in the PS, but the version 1 figures should work on the 3 portal - the figures from 2 and 3 won't work on 1 as it's not backwards-compatible IYKWIM.

HearMeSnore Sun 18-Nov-18 23:35:15

Only because DD has been asking for it for 2 years but the only console we had was a 1st generation wii - and I was warned that the wii version won't run properly unless it's a newer model.

So I held off, but now that we have the PS4 it occurred to me we might re-visit the possibility.

But if it's that awful perhaps you could point me towards better games we could look at for a 7 yr old? We've already bought her Little Big Planet on a recommendation.

ProfessorMoody Sun 18-Nov-18 23:09:44

Is there any reason why this game in particular? Its horrendously bad and has no staying power at all.

HearMeSnore Sun 18-Nov-18 22:56:17

Console novice here, needing a little help. We've just bought a PS4 and I'd like to get Disney Infinity for DD. She is not at all interested in Marvel or Star Wars, but the original Disney starter pack doesn't seem to be available for PS4.

So what I'm wondering is, if I were to buy the PS4 standalone software, a compatible portal, and a few Disney figures...would that work? Are there any characters that are essential to be able to play? And do the original Infinity 1 characters work with the Infinity 3 software?

Any advice appreciated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »