Talk

Advanced search

LOL bigger suprise??

(36 Posts)
Nettle80 Sun 18-Nov-18 15:59:25

Are they worth the money? My daughter is desperate for one for Xmas but it’s hard to justify spending £80 on it.

trockodile Sun 18-Nov-18 16:08:10

I have no idea if it’s worth it! Apparently it is all that my nephew wants (age 5). I have just ordered it from here www.loldollsonline.com/shop-c-6/lol-surprise-bigger-surprisefree-uk-delivery-p-63.html#customer-reviews at 59.99 with free postage which seems the cheapest around. Never ordered from them before, so fingers crossed santa

Lwmommy Sun 18-Nov-18 16:15:09

If you break down whats in it, youre paying a lot for the plastic box it comes in and e accessorisies unless you can get it for less than £80

2 limited edition L.O.L. Surprise dolls, total £22.00
1 limited edition L.O.L. Surprise pet total £10.00
1 limited edition L.O.L. Surprise Lil sister £6.00

So £38.00 for the actual dolls then £42.00 on teeny tiny accessories and the box.

12 plastic hairstyles, 6 brush able hairstyles, 6 face masks, 10 additional accessories, spy glass, sticker L.O.L. Bigger surprise turns into a purse carrying case where you can hold lol collectible dolls; only 1 style available

Sexnotgender Sun 18-Nov-18 16:17:51

Someone opened one on YouTube and it looks like about £15 worth of utter tat.

candlefloozy Sun 18-Nov-18 16:26:17

I've seen what's inside and honestly I think you're better off buying 8 suprises instead

Lauzie32 Sun 25-Nov-18 13:55:29

Hi,
can i ask if you recieved your order from loldollsonline.com and was it genuine lol as i want to place an order but am unsure as never heard of them before

Shelwyn12 Thu 29-Nov-18 21:34:00

Ordered from loldollsonline too and wasn’t sure if it was legit I’m hoping they arrive

Itsallaboutcake Thu 06-Dec-18 12:22:45

I also bought the lol bigger surprise from loldollsonline.com but I ordered it on 27 Nov and it still hasn't arrived - has anyone else's arrived from them yet? Feeling seriously worried (and foolish if it was a scam site...) 😰

Lauzie32 Thu 06-Dec-18 12:38:48

I didn't order in the end as when i looked at more pictures i saw this and it looks like their fake. if you paid by paypal you should be able to get your money back

Itsallaboutcake Thu 06-Dec-18 14:55:52

Oh no I'd assumed as it was so close to other advertised prices that it was ok. @trockodile and @Shelwyn12 did you receive yours ok and, if so, do you suspect they're fakes?

trockodile Thu 06-Dec-18 15:18:33

According to yodel, the package is on the way and should be with me by Saturday. Fingers crossed it’s ok and genuine. I’ll make sure to update. I paid by PayPal so hope they will help if necessary.

Itsallaboutcake Thu 06-Dec-18 15:39:39

Thanks @trockodile it's all fingers crossed then! My yodel status is showing as 'still with sender' which doesn't look so good 1 1/2 weeks after ordering...!

trockodile Fri 07-Dec-18 11:55:48

My parcel arrived today @itsallaboutcake and @Shelwyn12
Sadly looks like a fake to me-have attached photo, would welcome comments. I have messaged and asked to return for refund. Will see what happens.

FissionChips Fri 07-Dec-18 11:59:14

There’s a warning out that the fake LOL doll have some type of cancer causing chemical in them.

Itsallaboutcake Fri 07-Dec-18 12:08:30

Hi @trockodile I'm afraid I don't know for sure as I'm fairly new to the whole LOL craze but I agree it doesn't look quite how I'd expect. Will you let me know how you get on with getting your money back? I haven't received mine yet and I'm asking for a refund due to it being so late but fear it could be a long wait...

Lauzie32 Fri 07-Dec-18 12:13:42

Im afraid to say im pretty sure ita fake. if you look at pic from orher retails its says bigger surprise. yours says super. attached pic

LinghamStyle Fri 07-Dec-18 12:30:01

Asda Direct have it for £68 but it says delivery within 3 weeks now.

trockodile Fri 07-Dec-18 13:19:53

Thanks all- I agree it looks fake and won’t be giving it to nephew. Don’t know if I should send it back myself and pay postage or wait to see if they send a label. Glad I posted on here as might not have thought to check otherwise. I’ll make sure and update @itsallaboutcake

Itsallaboutcake Fri 07-Dec-18 13:36:15

Thanks, and I'll let you know how it goes for me too @trockodile

Shelwyn12 Fri 07-Dec-18 16:09:47

Mines saying the same it hasn’t arrived yet after waiting since the 28th November I’m hoping it doesn’t arrive just to have the refund as it’s a pain sending things back

Itsallaboutcake Fri 07-Dec-18 18:38:16

@Shelwyn12 like you I actually no longer want it! But I've raised the non delivery with the 'retailer' and got a stock response asking me to be patient in the busy period. So I've reported it to PayPal and waiting for a response from them. Feel such an idiot, never been conned like this before as usually I walk into things with my eyes open - I think I was more vulnerable to a bargain because I couldn't believe how much the bigger surprise was in the first place! 😂

coolwalking Fri 07-Dec-18 19:03:23

Plastic rubbish.

Shelwyn12 Fri 07-Dec-18 20:50:14

Surely they can’t get away with it? As so many people have filed for refunds they should just refund us and contact trading standards but because they are in China they probably have different rules

Itsallaboutcake Fri 07-Dec-18 21:20:07

Have you reported it to PayPal? I have - even if you don't have a PayPal login your bank statement should show the PayPal account it was paid to. It's still worth chasing the merchant too I guess. I've learned a lesson, just wish it wasn't at the tightest time of year as it was to be my daughter's main present.

Shelwyn12 Sat 08-Dec-18 07:36:19

@coolwalking you wouldn’t pay any price if your child has one thing on her list then no?! Because as a parent you only want to see and do what makes them happy and if that means making myself skint over a shit piece of plastic then so be it! Yes I’m out of pocket by £60 for now as il get refunded but I’ve made sure I’ve got her the real one now and yes I would be more careful when buying online but if the makers of these things didn’t put a ridiculous price to begin with we wouldn’t be shopping around for it cheaper!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »