Talk

Advanced search

Removing Mould from Jumperoo

(3 Posts)
oligopoly Tue 23-Oct-18 09:14:57

Hi. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I just got my son’s Fisher Price Jumperoo down from the loft for my 6 month old to use and was disappointed to see that the fabric seat material has mould on it. They are only small spots but I don’t really like the idea of her coming in contact with this. I tried a 30 minute quick wash in the machine with some dettol cleaner but it had no effect. I’ve looked on ebay for replacement seat cushions. I think there are compatible ones on there but they’re £20 or so which seems excessive.

Has anyone had any joy removing mould from material and is it safe for baby even if mould is able to be removed?

Thanks!

KitKatCHA Tue 23-Oct-18 09:23:48

Astonish mould and mildew remover in the green bottle from home bargains. Took all of the little spots from my pushchair hood and didn't bleach the fabric. I couple of hot washes took the smell away.

hendricksy Tue 23-Oct-18 09:27:22

It's just polyester so boil it but the mould probably won't go visually . It will be fine for your child though .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »