Talk

Advanced search

Can you still get cot activity centres?

(7 Posts)
BelfastSmile Mon 22-Jan-18 13:56:25

DD is 10 months old, and starting to move around, so I sometimes need to pen her in by putting her in her cot (e.g. So I can have a shower). She gets bored quickly, though.

When I was that age (1970s), I had an activity centre attached to the bars of the cot, which my mum says I played with for hours (probably a slight exaggeration). It had buttons to press, things to pull, a mirror, and other stuff like that.

I've been looking for something similar, but can't really find anything- the ones I've seen don't have as many bits and pieces. They maybe have just a mirror and a rattle and that's it.

I know they maybe don't attach to the cot these days, but has anyone seen anything similar that I could put in for her to play with?

LivingDeadGirlUK Sat 03-Mar-18 19:16:52

I just have a few toys by the cot i put in when I cage him and take out after. A rattley ball and some soft books and a v tech noisy toy with shapes to bash.

AuditAngel Sat 03-Mar-18 19:23:45

They make them for pushchairs, that might work to attach to a cot

bigbootsj Sat 03-Mar-18 19:24:14

Thought cots were for sleeping in?

Juancornetto Sat 03-Mar-18 19:25:16

I bought a 70's era one for DD from eBay.

ferrier Sat 03-Mar-18 19:25:43

They're very handy playpens too if dc wake at unreasonably early hours grin

ProjectMoose Sat 03-Mar-18 19:26:19

My children both had these, they're 13 and 9 now so not that old! A quick Google has shown that V Tech do an elephant shaped one. Not sure if that's what you're looking for?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: