Advanced search

Tablet for toddler...

(8 Posts)
weallhavedreams Wed 22-Nov-17 15:51:34

I know, I know... Toddler + Tablet = terrible parenting, but I often work from home and he's become so used to seeing mummy working from her laptop that he's insisting on asking Father Christmas for his own "pooter" this year. (It would also hopefully buy me an extra half an hour for emails!)

So I'm after some opinions from those of you that may have used them already. I've been looking at either the Leapfrog Epic or the Kindle Fire Kids edition.

I am keen to have educational/fun apps on there so my initial go-to was the Leapfrog, but some reviews mention poor resolution/very expensive apps? Quite frankly though he's 3 so won't really know and it's hard to tell if the tech reviews are just comparing this too much to a "proper" tablet, which I'm obviously not in the market for.

On the flip-side, I've read reviews on the kindle kids that say you can't use it properly abroad/without Wi-Fi which would be annoying for holidays etc.

Anyone have opinions on either they can share?

Makesmilingyourbesthobby Wed 22-Nov-17 16:00:29

Bought my 3 year old last Christmas so she was 2 at the time the amazon fire on offer supposed to be £50 had it for £30 & bought a rubber case for £20 she loves it within a few months of having it can use all the apps use the web for you tube & that & still uses it daily, its been dropped countless times thrown down the stairs & still in perfect nick & the price was fab

weallhavedreams Wed 22-Nov-17 16:11:37

That's a great deal. I hadn't considered getting rhe regular kindle and buying a case (was thinking about the acvess to kids content). Hoping to get a good deal on black Friday so would be nice to get something for that sort of price!

weallhavedreams Wed 22-Nov-17 16:12:01

Sorry - bloody autocorrect!

Makesmilingyourbesthobby Wed 22-Nov-17 21:50:18

It has a option when you set it up for parent control asks your name d.o.b etc, & if you got a amazon account you can reveiw & see all they are up to from your own device, not that I let her on it without me keeping a eye on her but my 11 year old has one too, if you didnt want them using the web then you can just remove the app off of the homepage, yeah it was a great price & because I got amazon prime they get amazon video app on they tablets with loads for them to watch for free, & amazon music app amazon book app the battery is pretty good on it only downfall I found was cameras not very good but for a toddler & the price its great

Makesmilingyourbesthobby Wed 22-Nov-17 21:59:23
Here's some great info on them & they back on black Friday sale £30

EvilDoctorBallerinaRoastDuck Wed 22-Nov-17 22:03:29

DS2 got an EE Robin through a product test on here, it's for 2 - 6 year olds and he absolutely loves it. It's finally knackered after 2 years, I'm hoping I can get it fixed, if not, I'll be researching myself!

bingebiscuiteater Sun 10-Dec-17 00:25:49

How about Leapfrog Epic Tablet? It seems to be good for children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now