Talk

Advanced search

Presents for 8 month old

(6 Posts)
peachy94 Sat 30-Sep-17 10:38:44

DD will be nearly 8 months at Christmas and I've no idea what to get her. We have a walker, activity table, shape sorted, stacking rings etc saved from DS but she needs presents or DS will want to know why santa has forgotten about her, we can't wrap up the things DS had because he would regognise them 🤦🏼‍♀️ Any ideas? Things for when she's abit older? I'm really stuck x

shakalakadoodah Sat 30-Sep-17 12:56:25

DS is 10 months old and currently loves musical or finger puppet books, fabric squishy building blocks, and one of the best presents he got was a 'Scout' singing dog, you can program into it your DC name and it sings songs, talks and has a bedtime music option. But really DS loves nothing more than getting a box to play with, so for his birthday I'm thinking of practical things that he will need anyway, clothes, bowls, plates etc and a couple of toys all wrapped up in different boxes so he can just enjoy opening them.

NannyR Sat 30-Sep-17 12:58:11

The Tomy hide and squeak egg box is a great baby toy and it only costs about £5.

JessTavener Wed 25-Oct-17 22:34:50

A knife

Rufus27 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:42:28

DS was that age last Christmas. His favourite presents were books that have sounds attached, a bath mirror and various bath toys including bath crayons. He was given a dressing gown from a friend which I found useful and he seemed to think was some sort of dressing up game! He preferred the boxes to the 'big stuff' he was given.

littlemisscomper Wed 25-Oct-17 22:46:06

Your little one will massively prefer the boxes, paper, ribbons and wrapping paper tubes to any carefully thought out toys! I would recommend pop up men though, maybe a new bath toy, a smart trike perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now