Talk

Advanced search

What does your 3yr old love? I'm out of touch with pre-schoolers!

(17 Posts)
ShaniceWearsMostlyGlitter Sat 16-Sep-17 09:07:17

My dc are teens - no idea what's cool when you are 3yrs old now.

Oh and he's a boy - not sure if that's relevant in these gender fluid days but I think it probably is.

BelfastSmile Sat 16-Sep-17 10:00:56

Is this for present buying? Or entertaining?

My just-turned-3yo loves:
Lawnmowers (real and toy)
Cars (mainly toy, but will look at real ones to spot the badges)
Trains (all)
Duplo
Sheep
His toy kitchen
Toy cash registers
Going to Tesco
Going to the playground
Going for a "wee walk"
Running round with no pants on
Standing on the windowsill with no pants on, yelling "Put some pants on!!"
Running away when I try to put pants on him
Baking, but only if we make sheep buns (buns covered in marshmallows)

ShaniceWearsMostlyGlitter Sat 16-Sep-17 15:09:26

Lol! There's a lot of pants related activities there!! It's for present buying, thanks for the list, as it turns out - not much changes in the world of 3yr olds!

LinoleumBlownapart Sat 16-Sep-17 15:22:35

My 4 year old likes Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, anything with wheels or buttons, even better if they have both, cooking and balls.

IDefinitelyWould Sat 16-Sep-17 15:29:32

My 3yo loves Lego- particularly Lego batman and Lego city with police cars and fire engines. He likes the fireman Sam fire engines and helicopter. He also likes superhero fancy dress and knights - shield and sword. He has toy dinosaurs and cars. Playdoh is a big hit and there are some good sets for present giving!

squiz81 Sun 01-Oct-17 21:43:24

My 3 year old Ds mainly loves

Lego
Play doh
Tractors
Play kitchen
Gardening toys

MummyMrsMe Tue 10-Oct-17 22:42:42

My almost 3 year old DS loves Thomas and Paw Patrol. Also enjoys playing with big vans, lorries etc and has recently started to enjoy Lego / Duplo. Crafty things are always good gifts to get as well.

Ttbb Tue 10-Oct-17 22:49:11

Lego! He loves lego so so much. It's also really educational. He's really improved at following the instruction booklets/dexterity/concentration

MsPassepartout Tue 10-Oct-17 22:56:03

My just turned 4 yr old likes trains (Brio, Bigjigs etc), Lego and Duplo, vehicles in general, play doh, bouncy balls, dinosaurs and books (a trip to Waterstones to let him spend a book token was one of the more successful Christmas presents last year)

Nicpem1982 Wed 11-Oct-17 11:16:22

My dd is 3 and loves

Playmobil
Puzzle globe
Microscope
Forces in motion science set
Orchard games (robot run is her fave)
Usbourne lift the flap dinosaurs book

Jingleberry Wed 11-Oct-17 11:19:25

Paw patrol & pj masks seems to be the new thing in nursery

hellokittymania Wed 11-Oct-17 11:25:02

The 3 to 4-year-olds that I know love Papa troll sorry using dictation, Paul patrol, dinosaurs, planes, police cars and spaceships. Puppies, any scary animals or insects like alligators, lizards

I think my nephew is well on his way to becoming a vet. grin

beckythomas Fri 20-Oct-17 19:21:40

I am eager to know more about this as I am expecting a baby soon. From other threads, I feel that a 3 yo might like a Trampoline. May be I am wrong as I am yet to have a baby. What do you all think?

Invisimamma Fri 20-Oct-17 19:33:09

Play doh, toy cars, books or duplo would all be very safe options and approached as a gift per.

Mine also loves dinosaurs, PJ masks, batman, the gruffalo, dressing up and playing football.

Others his age are into paw patrol, Thomas Tank and peppa pig.

Invisimamma Fri 20-Oct-17 19:34:29

becky my son got a trampoline for his 2nd birthday and it has been very well used, so has the play kitchen and play house.

SquareSophia Fri 20-Oct-17 19:48:03

My DS1 is 3 and loves all things Paw Patrol especially his little quad bike ride on.
He spends hours playing with Brio train tracks and also jigsaws.
Cars, tractors, diggers, anything Bob the Builder too.

TooMinty Fri 20-Oct-17 19:56:31

Paw Patrol, Lego, painting, jigsaws and making jokes about wee wee...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now