Talk

Advanced search

Bath toys for 3.5 year old?

(6 Posts)
Frogandbear Thu 19-Jan-17 22:19:00

My twins have had the same bath toys since they were babies. Would love to get them some new toys to enjoy in the bath but not sure what's suitable for this age?

NuffSaidSam Fri 20-Jan-17 14:39:41

Things like funnels, tubes, syringes, bottles, cups, whisk etc. are great and open-ended, they can decide what to do and how to play with them.

Taking in non-bath toys, like a tea set, duplo, dolls (who need a bath), dinosaurs etc. also good fun. Obviously, only stuff that won't get ruined by being wet. Also, a good way to clean the toys!

Bath foam stuff, it's soap that you can mould into different shapes.

You can get foam letters and numbers for the bath. Or a bath clock.

morningafterglow Fri 20-Jan-17 14:43:17

Yes we have various duplo boats and people that are perfect. Also had huge success with daft thing from a party bag. One of those sticky footed Spider-Man toys. Hours of entertainment with him climbing down the tiles. We've also had bath crayons, so long as you also teach them to clean tiles at end.

squiz81 Tue 21-Feb-17 08:47:21

Mine love taking a plastic tea set in amd making drinks, using the bubbles for froth on top etc. Or my youngest takes a digger in to scoop up water. I'm not bothering with bath toys anymore!

KatyBerry Tue 21-Feb-17 08:51:08

What squid said! the most successful bath toys in our house are the ones which aren't actual bath toys. Just avoid anything hollow with a tiny hole as they get hideously mouldy inside

KatyBerry Tue 21-Feb-17 08:51:35

Squiz not squid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now