Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Second-hand console - which?

(5 Posts)
annandale Mon 26-Dec-16 20:56:40

Hi, thinking about finally giving in and getting ds a console, as we feel so guilty that he spends about 80% of his spare time at other people's houses playing on theirs blush

I've found a reconditioned PS3 that's a good price. Is it worth it or should I shell out for a PS4? Xbox? Wii? What does your 13 year old like, what are the game ranges like?

annandale Tue 27-Dec-16 08:05:32

bump

FanSpamTastic Tue 27-Dec-16 08:08:13

What does he play on at his friends? I would go for same range as majority of his friends. That way they can swap games and discuss what they have played. So if mostly PS4 then go for that, if Xbox go for that. Wii seems to be for younger kids so maybe avoid that. Alternative is pc games using a platform like Steam.

FanSpamTastic Tue 27-Dec-16 08:09:24

Meant to say our ds is 10. He likes Fifa and plays it on the PC!

annandale Tue 27-Dec-16 12:03:05

Thank you smile

Ds likes Steam. I've now asked him what his friends use - turn out his three closest friends have a PS4, a Wii and an X-box grin But now I know he likes the PS4 games most. Well, he might have to wait a while before we can afford that! Probably a good thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now