Talk

Advanced search

Hatchimal egg not doing anything at all?

(30 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Sun 25-Dec-16 11:30:40

We inboxed the hatchimal took the screws out of the bottom have been sitting holding it for an hour tried tapping on it and other things but not a single thing has happened... no noises no eyes lighting up. Is it supposed to take this long?

dementedpixie Sun 25-Dec-16 11:44:49

hatchimals.net/how-to-play-with-hatchimals/ - have you done this bit?

'There are two plastic locks that needs to rotate 90 degrees to unlock the Hatchimal and make it come to life'

HeCantBeSerious Sun 25-Dec-16 12:07:40

That's the screws she's talking about. Might need new batteries?

Nikki2ol6 Sun 25-Dec-16 12:15:52

Will I have to crack it all open to put new batteries in?

dementedpixie Sun 25-Dec-16 12:21:24

Don't think you can put batteries in until it hatches

dementedpixie Sun 25-Dec-16 12:24:03

spinmastersupport.helpshift.com/a/hatchimals/?p=web - anything that helps in here?

Nikki2ol6 Sun 25-Dec-16 13:10:21

It says the batteries are already in and I doubt they would have ran out as the egg can't turn on until its unboxed and the screws are taken out. There is a customer number which I'm guessing will not be open today so my little girl is sitting cuddling her egg and still nothing has happened

Nikki2ol6 Sun 25-Dec-16 13:21:01

Ok so I have broken the egg and took it out and it's completely dead to the world! I'm furious about this what a waste of money

HeCantBeSerious Sun 25-Dec-16 16:28:30

Where did you get it? There were lots of fakes.

Alorsmum Sun 25-Dec-16 16:41:26

Oh no. Ours came on as soon as the plastic screws keeping it in the packaging came out. Sorry you had a dud hopefully you can get a replacement.

DollyPlastic Sun 25-Dec-16 16:47:37

They start quite quickly. Where did you buy it from?

Maudlinmaud Sun 25-Dec-16 17:00:13

Oh Nikki my dd was desperate for one and I couldn't get it. Gutted for you.

quicklydecides Sun 25-Dec-16 21:16:38

I got one from Amazon, it's made noises and flashed lights but didn't hatch and now it's quiet.
Is it a dud I wonder?

Buttwing Sun 25-Dec-16 21:23:25

How long did it take for everyone's to hatch?
The top bit has come off but it's still stuck in the bottom and pecking all the time dd played with it for about half an hour earlier but it's still stuck.
Pecky bastard.

Alorsmum Sun 25-Dec-16 21:32:27

buttwing when the top has come off you have to yank it quite hard to get it out the bottom of the egg. Then take the plastic wrapping off

Alorsmum Sun 25-Dec-16 21:34:39

quickly the kids have to hold and play with it for a solid half hour to hatch it also keep holding it throughout the entire quite tedious hatching process
Mine were sharing and egg amongst three was lots of snatching and not playing fair, until i decided to count 5 second turn for each of them.... 20 kids later I was still counting and the toddler was still screaming every time I got to 5 and she had to pass it on hmm
No one has touched the bastard since it hatched

strawberrypenguin Sun 25-Dec-16 21:38:17

Ours appears to have died halfway through hatching. It was breaking the shell then stopped and I can't get it going again!

HeCantBeSerious Sun 25-Dec-16 21:39:02

My DD has been pretty attached to hers since yesterday. So much so we had to Google to find out how to lower the volume.

Alorsmum Sun 25-Dec-16 21:51:28

*20 mins later not 20 kids later....

Buttwing Sun 25-Dec-16 21:51:39

Oh god I'm an awful parent I've just given it a yank and it came out and sang and dd is in bed, she missed it!!!
I've just put it back in the bottom of the egg under the tree. Any chance she might believe it hatched in the middle of the night?confused
I'm guessing probably not thanks to cookieswirl!

QuackDuckQuack Sun 25-Dec-16 22:09:18

How do you turn down the volume?

FeelingSmurfy Sun 25-Dec-16 22:22:39

There are lots of complaints on Spin Master Facebook page, they posted a few things to try about an hour ago. I think someone said they are open 10am tomorrow

MyHairNeedsASnip Sun 25-Dec-16 22:26:10

Ours was like this. Every time it stopped we had to poke it up the arse with the key locks to get it going again. It started to hatch eventually then gave up so it got yanked out of its shell in the end. Luckily DD is very pleased it's hatched so all is well.

HeCantBeSerious Sun 25-Dec-16 23:42:24

How do you turn down the volume?

Press the tummy while turning the switch to on.

QuackDuckQuack Mon 26-Dec-16 00:18:45

Thanks - the default volume is really loud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now