Talk

Advanced search

inspiration for active 3 yo boys educational Christmas present

(2 Posts)
blushingmare Sat 21-Nov-15 07:11:04

Sorry there will probably be lots of these kind of threads over the next few weeks!

My nephew is 3 and an incredibly active little boy - very physical and just can't sit still. Can't concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes, even television to an extent. He gets a lot of typical toys and stuff as presents from his grandparents and when I asked DSIL if there's anything he's like for Christmas, she suggested something that he'd learn from instead of just another toy.

It obviously needs to be fun and something he'd be pleased to receive though! Some kind of subliminal learning I think, because he's definitely not a "sit down and look at letters" type child.

They have a new baby on the way in January, so something that would occupy him whilst parents are engaged elsewhere might be good too.

Any ideas much appreciated. I have a 3 year old, but she's very different from him, so am struggling a bit.

Budget around £30.

upthegardenpath Mon 30-Nov-15 12:53:50

How about an ELC CD sing along player? No radio, just the robust CD player with mikes so he can also singalong karaoke with friends or alone.
My DD got hers around the same age and we bought her a few favourite picture books (like Meg and Mog, Tabby McTat and others) which also had a CD in the back cover.
She was super energetic at that age, but with one of these books and her CD player she would keep still for a relatively long time (by her standards!), following the book and turning the pages, whilst listening to the CD.
Loads of great children classic picture books with CDs these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now